Chapter 3

The next day, Marcy had been up and ready, earlier than she usually would due to her feeling restless and anxious.

Her parents took notice of Marcy's unusual behavior but didn't bother to ask any questions, since they assumed she was just eager for school like the straight-A student she is. (Except for P.E.). And they had driven her to school.

Once she arrived at school, she bid her parents a farewell as they drove off.  She turned her attention to the looming school building in front of her as a creeping feeling of anxiousness settled in her stomach.

Her thoughts were consumed with the thought of seeing Anne. Normally, this wouldn't have been an issue, but today was different, way different.

Marcy sighed and made her way inside of the building, once she was in, she saw how crowded the halls were and she looked around, searching for Anne, but was slightly relieved when she couldn't find her.

She made her way and stopped at her locker, entering the combination to unlock it before setting her backpack inside of it.

She was so distracted that she didn't notice the girl leaning on the locker next to hers, until she closed her own locker and saw blonde hair out of the corner of her eye.

She jolted and finally turned around, making the girl snort in amusement.

"Sasha! Oh frog, you scared me," Marcy said, red tinting her cheeks from embarrassment.

Sasha raised an eyebrow at that, "Yeah? Well, that's payback for you not showing up at the party last night."

Marcy furrowed her brows in confusion, of course she had gone to the party, it was all she could think about now after all. But when she realized that Sasha didn't know what had happened, she understood.

"Oh,"

"'Oh'? That's all you're gonna say?" Sasha asked, annoyed. "I'm sure Anne would be more upset that you didn't show. I swear that girl is so clingy with you."

Marcy's face flushed slightly at the clingy comment, but she ignored it and said, "I actually did go to the party... Uh, I guess you just didn't see me."

Sasha looked unconvinced and replied, "Really? I find it hard to believe I didn't see you, so tell me why?"

"Uh... I was playing truth or dare," Marcy said, her voice trailing off.

The blonde perked up at that and broke out into a grin, "What? You? Goody two shoes, never disobeying, shy, clumsy, Marcy Wu, played truth or dare?"

Marcy blushed in embarrassment and slightly shoved Sasha away, who only laughed. "Don't make such a big deal out of it."

Sasha wasn't going to let it go so easily though, "No way! I'm gonna tell Anne about this, she'll be so shocked."

Marcy went to open her mouth to say something, but she stopped short when she looked past Sasha's shoulder to see a brunette approaching them.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Anne said and stopped next to them.

Sasha turned to her and sent her a slight teasing smile, "Nothing much, just that Marcy here, actually did show up to the party! I seriously thought she bailed on us."

Anne's eyes flickered to Marcy, which made a nervous flutter settle into Marcy's stomach, before Anne focused back on Sasha.

"Oh, what? That's cool." She said, very nonchalantly, which made Sasha frown in confusion.

"You... should be more excited about this... is there something I don't know?" She asked, confusion evident in her tone.

Marcy stared at Anne, trying to see how she'd react, but she didn't meet her gaze for a few seconds, and when she did, she barely noticed it since Anne was being so unreadable and neutral.

"Uh..."

The bell rang, which saved Anne from having to respond, as she sighed in relief but still didn't meet either of her best friends eyes, especially not Marcy's.

Sasha's eyes darted back and forth between the two girls, her expression suspicious before Anne broke the silence, "Well, we better get going to class!"

"Agreed," Marcy said, before rushing off in the opposite direction of Anne, leaving a perplexed Sasha behind.

"Why the hell are they acting so weird?"

To be continued...

[a/n] my gosh, I hope I update this soon, since it's better writing wise (at least a little bit) from the original, I don't get why that story got so popular but oh well. 😭