Home Improvement

Virgil's jaw drops at the sight of Joseph Quinn, his short hair tossled to the side and t-shirt moist from the humid weather.

"Sorry, it seems I forgot my umbrella!" Joseph apologizes, the British tilt to his voice bringing an enticing aroma to the room. At that Joe keery returns from the back room, rushing to greet his dear friend.

"Oh! It's good to see you, I almost forgot you were coming," Joe says with a small chuckle, his sharp jaw clenched. Virgil twiddles his fingers nervously, noticing a density in the air between them. Joseph sits the cartons of Pepsi onto the ground next to the couch and sits down besides Virgil, Joe hurries to Virgil's other side, placing him in the middle of their conversation.

"It's nice to meet you Mr, Quinn" mutters Virgil, his tone soft and meek showcasing his unease.

"No need for formalities mate!" Joseph states, lightly brushing a hand against Virgil's shoulder. Joe grits his teeth and watches his movements closely. Virgil chuckles awkwardly, twitching his fingers around his pockets sensing an urge to use his phone, however he lightly sulks when he remembers he left it in the backpack sitting at the base of the steps.

"How about you go take a shower? Probably need one after such a long day." Joe requests, glaring daggers at the dapper gentleman. Joseph leans back and nods, removing his jacket and laying it on the couch before heading upstairs. At this Virgil scoots away and reaches down to grab a can of ice cold Pepsi. It's moist and Virgil can't tell if that's just perspiration or a result of the damp rainy weather.

"Would you like to see your room? It's getting late I want you to be, settled in." Joe asks, putting a strange amount of emphasis on those last two words. Virgil nods and sips from his coke can.

__

Virgil and Joe laugh as Joe throws Virgil's various plushies towards him.

"Here, catch!" He says, chuckling his handsome chuckle. Virgil smiles and catches the stuffed plague doctor In midair before settling it down on the freshly made bed. The bedroom Joe set up for him is extremely spacious with a nice set of Ikea furniture. A large light grey desk with matching bed, bedside table and dresser, as well as a built in walk-in closet with a section for his clothes as well as for his cosplay items.

"Welp, I guess that's the last of your stuff," Joe says, sounding a bit disappointed, he holds up the empty cardboard box and throws it away.

"I guess I should start getting ready for bed" Virgil states, swinging his legs as he sits on the edge of his king sized bed. Joe moves to sit next to him with a blush on his pale white face.

"Could I... Help you tie your durag?" He asks nervously, clearly scared of being rejected by the younger man.

"Uhm, yeah of course, only if you want too though" Virgil says, handing Joe the satin purple fabric.

"Of course I want too" Joe whispers, being gentle with Virgil's soft 4b/4c Locs. He ties it gently and let's his hands linger around the nape of Virgil's neck before quickly standing up. Virgil turns around slightly confused.

"G-goodnight," Joe states, swallowing as he walks away, Virgil waves him goodbye and takes off his glasses.

A few moments later Virgil noticed a figure standing at his door.

"Joe? Did you need something?" Virgil asks, rubbing his eyes gently.

"Yeah I needed something..." He trails off, walking closer to the door, with the light shining on him Virgil notices the figure has a towel wrapped around his hips, but besides that is fully bare, he furrows his eyebrows. Seeming a bit unnerved.

"Are you sick, Joe? You sound a bit different..." Virgil questions

"Noo, no of course not, I'm fine. However, seeing as your in my house, you must abide by my rules." He commands, Virgil shudders at the domineering tone.

"Why don't you give daddy a kiss goodnight?" He requests, at this Virgils eyes widen. He realizes who's voice that is and sits up.

"This isn't even your house... Joseph, what is wrong with you?!" Virgil exclaims, angered at the man's colonial behaviors.

At this Joe slams the door open

"I heard it all! Joseph... Get out of my. House." He commands, pointing dangerously towards the door. Joseph jumps and rushes away. Joe looks towards Virgil.

"I'm sorry..." Is all he says before closing the door and walking off.