Red Rose

Sidney

We were at halftime. I was still thinking about Anna's murder and the masked man who was waving at me. There's no doubt about it for me. The guy who called me yesterday is the masked man who killed Anna.

I can't tell anyone what I know. He threatened me. If I tell the police or someone else, he will kill my parents. But why me? Who would do that to me? Why? This question echoed through my mind.

"Sidney, are you alright?", Troy asked.

"Anh?"

They were looking at me, worried.

"You're... different," Charles said".

"It's nothing, folks".

"Sidney..."

"Seriously! I'm fine. I'm back".

I got out of there and went to the water fountains. Brooke followed me and came asking.

"Sidney, say".

"What?"

"Why are you like this?"

"It's nothing".

"Speak, Sidney."

I gave a sigh and then said.

"Okay. Look..."

My phone started ringing. I picked it up and saw that it was an unknown number. I turned away from Brooke a bit and answered the call.

"Hello".

"If you tell her about me, I'll hang your mother's head from the ceiling of your room!",It was the same voice as yesterday, "Leave the call on and come up with something!"

I had no other choice. I pretended to hang up the phone and approached Brooke and made up an excuse.

"My mom is putting me under a little bit of pressure because this is the last year of school and next year I already have to know what I'm going to do. Understand?"

"I understand," she didn't seem convinced, "Well, I'm going."

She left and I put the phone to my ear.

"Good girl," said the murderer.

"Who are you? And what do you want?"

"Why do you want so much to anticipate the ending? I'm a murderous maniac who killed Anna. Okay, I answered the first question. Now the second, I'll answer later. Bye Sidney".

Then he hung up.

After class, I walked back to the house. When I arrived, I was in the living room when I heard a noise coming from the second floor. I grabbed a squeegee and went upstairs. I went to my room. The window was open, with a rose on top of a letter. It read:

"You"

I looked out my window.There, on the side of one of the first trees in the forest, was the masked manin a black hooded robe. I closed the curtain violently. He wanted me...