Rachel & Salim / Allies #3

As the elevator was taking them up, they both thought about all the lives that were lost to this place. But they both knew they couldn't think on it, not now, not when they were so close.

The elevator stopped and they both ran for the ropes.

Salim looked out into some flowing water with a grim look on his face.
"Come on, we go together." Said Rachel

Before Salim could even try to respond, a vampire Clarice jumped from the waterfall and screeched at the two of them.

"SHIT!" Yelled Rachel
Rachel was then tackled to the stone floor by the vampire, the only thing she could do was hold her own and hope that Salim would help her.

Salim then kicked Clarice in the back, saving Rachel, but also angering the beast.

It turned to him and ran at him with impressive speeds, he couldn't react in time.

But before it could attack Salim, Rachel dove at the vampire with her knife out and tearfully stabbed it many times, aiming for the heart.

She succeeded, the vampire struggled but eventually died. She knew the parasite was still inside of her but it wasn't their problem anymore.

Salim came over and comforted her, she got up and thanked him.

"We have to keep going." She said.

Salim nodded and they both started to climb the ropes.

After they climbed up, Rachel started to observe her surroundings, she then noticed that a giant statue's palm led directly up to the surface! They would be free!

"Up there! We just have to climb!" She exclaimed.

They ran over to the statue and started to climb up. Once they reached the top, Salim threw a hook to the land so that they could climb up.

Salim grabbed onto the rough landscape and pulled himself up. Then turning around to help Rachel.

"We actually made it, we're okay!" Rachel sighed

"We did, it is a miracle." Salim responded

"What's next for you?" Rachel asked

"I am going home." Said Salim

"Sounds like a great idea." She laughed

Then, the sun slowly began to dim, as an eclipse had started.