xv

LIZZIE LAID in her bed, sighing to herself as she thought of how she was going to apologize to cami, and how she was even going to bring herself to apologize to her. it had been a few days since then and everytime lizzie even looked in her direction, the older blonde just walked away, not even looking at her. she sat somewhere else in classes they shared, and was nowhere to be seen during meals. lizzie knew what she needed to do, but it was a nuclear option. she needed to talk to hope. the older tribrid had been avoiding her too, whenever her and josie hang out it's in her room, the library, or off campus. every time she went near hope, the tribrid glared at her and walked away.

cami was sitting in elena's office, staring at the wall and not talking. she didn't even know where to start, it was a toss up between her attempts to forget the stupid mate bond, or her failed suicide attempt.

"you know cams, you actually have to talk to me in order for this to work right?" elena joked, cami finally looked at her and sighed.

"i don't know where to start." she huffed out.

"start with how you're feeling today, did you use the chart i gave you?" cami nodded and handed it to elena. "okay well that's good, you aren't in the red today, now we just have to get you from orange to green." elena told her with a smile.

"i'll be in the green when i forget about this stupid fucking mate bond." cami mumbled under her breath.

"there's your start! now, tell me. have you met any girls that peak your interest?" elena asked.

"nope."

"have you tried?"

"no." cami sighed out, putting her head in her hands. "every girl i look at i just think to myself, 'she isn't lizzie'. sure there's other girls out there, ones that will treat me right, but with this stupid mate bond i can only think of her!" she grumbled, leaning back in her chair.

"well, there's a few new students who are coming today, why don't you try to talk to them?" elena suggested.

"i have enough friends." cami mumbled.

"you know what i mean camille." elena shot back. "they get in at two, so at least try to make a new friend, okay?"

"fiiiine." cami grumbled.

"good, now let's get started on the other topic you want to talk about."

"lizzie let's go! we have to show the new kids around school." josie told her sister and she walked into the room.

"can't you do it with hope or something? i'm busy thinking of ways to be less of a bitch." lizzie sighed out.

"no, now let's go." lizzie grumbled before getting out of bed and following josie downstairs. once they reached the front doors they saw two kids get out of ric's van as he and hope led them to the front of the school.

"afternoon girls." he greeted

"hey dad," they greeted back.

"hi, i'm josie and this is lizzie, my twin. we're your tour guides." josie greeted happily. lizzie for once, stayed quiet and just gave a polite nod. "hi hope." she greeted with a smile, making the tribrid blush.

"hey jo." she greeted back. cami walked by talking to kaleb about something when she paused as saw her sister.

"you're back!" she grinned, hugging her sister tightly.

"miss me?" hope joked hugging cami back. "this is my sister camille, but she only goes by cami or cams." hope explained. cami simply waved to them, giving them a shy smile. hope pointed to them and introduced them to her sister, who smiled and shook each of their hands.