Ch.1: A broken family

Just an introductory chapter to set up characters and relationships.(this will also help me decide my pacing :>)

          The Afton family had a beautiful public image. William Afton was one of two famous restaurant owners. He was a loving father and devoted husband. He was so kind to continue to raise his second wives late child when she left. He had a kind heart. His sons, Michael (13) and C.C.(4) Afton were a spitting image of their father. Elizabeth(5) Looked like a miniature version of her mother; with red hair instead of blonde. 

          You however, didn't match. Not actually being related to anyone in the Afton family your details just didn't quite match. You weren't treated like an outcast, you just didn't fit. Everyone excepted you as an Afton none the less. You didn't share their last name, by your choice; William had offered once when you were 15. 

          You got along fine with your step-father, you were grateful he didn't boot you into foster care. He was nice enough, a little stand off-ish but he was like that with literally everyone. Michael would argue with you constantly, he had entered his edgy phase at 13 and kept calling you a stain in the family. It stung a little but you tried not to let it get to you. You helped take care of C.C. and Elizabeth.

          C.C. was a runner, having needed to be watched like a hawk so he didn't book it out the door. To make that more difficult Elizabeth required constant attention or she screamed her little head off. She was more spoiled. William had taken to taking her to work with him instead of enrolling her in a proper daycare like Evan. You always assumed it was because she reminded him of his first wife. Now a days she doesn't get the attention she is used to, having grown old enough for kindergarten. You were stuck babysitting on weekends and Holidays due to William needing to work.