Chapter 9 : His Greed

Walking away from the red core valley Qian Xiaohao looked back at it with fond emotions. This place, though it had no emotional attachments to him, was still the place where he met Huo Yi who is the spirit soul that will serve to strengthen the foundation of his slime martial soul and help him in eventually bringing his ring pill plan to reality.

The boy unleashed his eight spider lances without hesitation despite the fact he did everything in his power so he wouldn't have to before. That's because he was afraid that others would covet this treasure that was once cultivated into a divine artifact by Ancestor Tang San and kill him to take it, but by spending 2 months in the isolated cave above he was able finally fuse with the external soul bone perfectly.

Even if he's killed now the eight spider lances will die with him !

Of course he was well aware that the red core seniors still have their eyes on him, after all why wouldn't they be curious after he convinced them while sharing minimal information about his actual skills ? This perfectly fused eight spider lances would serve as the final deterrence, telling them that they haven't seen a thing yet.

Unfortunately one soul beast stood in front of Xiaohao, not to keen on letting him be on his merry way.

"Senior Sha Zhongli."

It was Sha Zhongli who spent the last 2 months in seclusion just as Xiaohao did and it was clear from his stance that he was not willing to let Xiaohao do what he wished to do.

"Xiaohao'er, please call me uncle."

His words no longer contained the same bloodcurdling voice he once had, speaking to Xiaohao as gently as he spoke to his own son.

"I know what you wish to do. Gu Di has the exact soul skill you want, doesn't he ? How do you think you'll reach him past his army ?"

"Lord tiger king will meet me on the way. She'll take care of it.

"But the malevolent boar emperor has many abilities, what guarantee do you have that you'll get what you want ?"

"I have the guarantee, but I have no reason to tell you if you want to stop me."

"Then how about my soul ring and soul bone ?"

"Wh-what ? Uncle Zhongli, you're being ridiculous. The soul killing beast might be an evil soul beast, but nobody sees you that way !"

"That's right. You and Lan Hudie don't see me that way, but that's about it."

Sha Zhongli looked down, sighed and then looked back up at Qian Xiaohao.

"You said it yourself, didn't you ? That the soul killing beast is a fit for both of your martial souls."

He said, the red core seniors still listening in and just discovering that he has twin martial souls.

"Uncle, even then I've already made a contract with senior Huo Yi. I need to achieve the spiritual domain realm before I can accept another 100,000 spirit soul."

"But I don't wish to sign a contract, I wish to use sacrifice."

Even Xiaohao was speechless at Sha Zhongli's words.

"You...want to die ? What's gotten into you, uncle ?!"

"It's simple. I had wished for death ever since Sha Jinli was born, because he was born at the cost of his mother's life. If I wished to I could probably put all my effort into cultivation and reach a higher realm before finding a suitable soul master to sign a contract with and become a god eventually, but without my precious wife eternity would be too torturous, I wish to only follow her."