Chapter 17 : Bitter work

Lan Xiaohao has officially begun his tenure at Shrek academy. Sitting in the middle of class Lan Xiaohao stood up once teacher Hakuro entered the room and he was followed by the entire class.

"Good morning, teacher !"

"Hohoho, such good children." responded Hakuro with a smile on his face.

It wasn't often that 12 and 13 year old children were all behaved in such a manner on day one of their school life; but this was Shrek. Every student here has been determined to have good character and manners were an obvious part of it.

After greetings were complete Hakuro then moved onto his first lesson, an introduction into their current curriculum. He switched to a more serious expression as he got down to business without anymore time wasted.

"You should all know that the academy's rules are written clearly and will bear no repeating. It is my responsibility to guide you all on how to become battle armor masters and if you can't do it in the next two years then you will leave."

[ "Hey hey hey uncle." ]

[ "What, you can't brag in the middle of class so you want to brag to me ?" ]

[ "Well I can't have them all becoming hasty or dragging their morale now, can I ?" ]

[ "Well I suppose. Not every kid is a freakazoid with illogical tenacity like you." ]

Lan Xiaohao let out a quiet sigh that wouldn't even be properly audible if one were to shove their ear into his mouth for whatever reason. It was true that he has put in effort that would usually destroy a child his age which he's been able to endure due to his higher cultivation. For three years with barely any rest he's been doing nothing but researching and forging metals. It was then that he's began to slightly fear the sight of his forging hammers, but it also was through such inane effort that he's been able to create his excellent battle armor as he had the cheat existence that is the great sage backing him up.

Such a hellish experience also served as physical and mental tempering as every time he's seemingly reached his limit he'd pick himself back up and swing those hammers again with eyes like a roaring solider and these days he's become incredibly fit despite what his small body frame might suggest.

"You should also know that the condition to entering the inner courtyard is to become a rank 70 soul sage and a three word battle armor master."

The entire class then collectively turned to Lan Xiaohao who pointed at himself as if to ask if something was on his face.

"He is a complete anomaly. You've all been taught that one must cultivate step by step so please don't be hasty to achieve similar results to Lan Xiaohao."

"Yes, teacher !" the class responded, including Lan Xiaohao himself who this piece of advice still applied to no matter how far he was ahead of his peers.

"As I was saying: The eternal tree is the life core of the entire mother planet. Not only has it once swallowed the invading abyssal domain to evolve once, it has also been undergoing the process of a new evolution for a few hundred years now due to the supply of high level life energy from the dragon horse twin planets. It is above that tree's canopy that the eternal sky city, the true Shrek academy and the inner courtyard of Shrek lies !"

The students all felt their hearts thumping in excitement, even Lan Xiaohao who's already been there. No, it's precisely because he's already been there that the concept of returning made his blood practically boil with passion.

"But I've gotten off topic, let's begin class. Today we're going to learn about the various processes behind making battle armor."

To sum it up: