Chapter 3

As the gang went home, everything seemed fine.

But little did they know, a ghost bride was spying on Charles Wallace and Chad.

It was none other than Constance Hatchaway. Revived from the agony of defeat.

"Hmm. I recognize that boy. The brother of one of my best victims" she said.

Then she looked at Chad and said, "But who is this?"

She followed the boys home and watched Chad unlock the door of his apartment. 

"Fancy a cup of tea, Charles?" he said.

"Oh, sure. But hasn't Meg gone to bed yet?" said Charles Wallace.

"No; on Actorville nights, she stays up late to make me dinner" said Chad.

"Cool!" said Charles Wallace.

The brothers in law entered the apartment while Constance vanished and reappeared through the wall.

Then she saw Chad kiss his wife Meg on the mouth. 

"Ahh... young love" Constance hissed to herself.

"So how was Actorville?" said Meg as she served dinner.

"It was fun, as usual. Your brother Charles told us a scary story" said Chad.

"What story?" said Meg.

"The Silly Gilly Gumble!" said Charles Wallace.

"Oh, not the Silly Gilly Gumble! I almost lost Paul to that creature!" Meg shuddered.

"No you didn't. It's just a silly story" said Chad.

Constance jumped back at those words.

"Silly? Silly?! He has never been around the supernatural before, has he?" she said to herself.

"It's not that silly, Chad. Paul actually did get bitten" said Charles Wallace.

"But he's alive. The victim dies in the story" said Chad.

"There is a cure. It just takes one a while to figure it out. But Paul probably has all of it now that he's married to Jill" said Meg.

That explanation left Chad more confused, but he nodded his head, not wanting to make his wife confuse herself.

"Are you going to visit me in Actorville tomorrow, my sweet?" he said. 

"I'm afraid not. The Misses need me terribly. Then I'll be visiting Charles Wallace at his new work. I never got to see it" said Meg. 

"And you're gonna love seeing it, Meg! We're working on getting some new material for the TV show" said Charles Wallace.

Constance eavesdropped on the whole conversation and let an idea spark in her head.

"I'll give him something to put on television soon enough" she hissed.