Fateful Encounter

You were lying on your bed.
Sad and alone, alone and depressed.
Your parents died six months ago, they were innocent victims of Kira's killings.
Ever since then, you've always wanted to avenge your parents' deaths.
"Don't worry Mom and Dad," you said and lightly touched the picture of them on your bedside table,"I'll find Kira if it's the last thing I do."
You kissed the picture, and cried yourself to sleep, wishing and hoping that you won't wake up.

In the morning, you were disappointed to see that you were still alive.
"Shit! Why can't I just die?"
You rolled out of bed and went for a walk around the city, hoping that you might be killed there or something.

You were walking down a busy street PACKED with people, but this one person stood out.
He was a little bit taller than you and seemed to be around the same age.
He had this orangey blond hair. And he was munching on some chocolate.
"Wow," you thought,"I think my kokoro is going D❤KI D❤KI!!!!"
You weren't sure if you just wanted to be his friend since you were so lonely.
You didn't know if you liked him "like that" or not. You never been in love before.
Heck! You never even had your first kiss!

You snapped out of your thoughts and saw that dude walk into a drugstore nearby.
"He's probably buying more chocolate," you thought and laughed to yourself,"I guess I'll go walk in there and introduce myself."
You walked into the drugstore, and sure enough, he was in the candy isle looking at the "different" varieties of chocolate.

"Ummm.... Can I help you?" The chocolate lover asked.

"No, why?"

"Because you've been staring at me for the past five minutes," he said with a smirk.

You didn't even realize you were staring at him.

"Oh! S-sorry!" You said with a slight bow,"I wanted to introduce myself.... I'm (Y/N)," you sputtered.

"Mello," he simply said, went to buy his chocolate, and left without another word.

You didn't go after him because you thought he didn't like you, so you wouldn't want to bother him.
"Shoganai," you thought,"It can't be helped."

As you were walking home, you saw this man carrying a black notebook.
You thought nothing of the notebook, but something about that man made you want to scream and run for your life.

You walked closer to the man, so you can see the name tag on his dress coat.

Light Yagami

"That's easy to remember," you thought,"Light, because he seemed so dark. And Yagami is 'I'm a gay' backwards," you had nothing against homosexuals, you just found it an easy way to memorize his surname.
You saw him opening the black notebook, and wrote something in it.
A stranger standing next to you soon died forty seconds after Light writing in the notebook.
"Why would he want me to know he has a magic notebook?" You wondered,"OMIGAWD!!!! HE'S KIRA!!!! I.... I can't call the cops or anything, what are they going to do? He's a freaky genius SERIAL KILLER!!!! I know! I'll spy on him...."
Light looked at you, and gave you a devious smirk. As if to say,"Try me. Come on, I dare you."

You shot back a glare that said,
"Alright Yagami, game on!"