Chapter 3

Recap:  I rolled over on my side, and forced my eyes shut. I just need to sleep it has to be a dream.

Little did I know this wasn't even close to a dream but will once be my entire life.

-------------------------

(Xavier's POV)                                    -Earlier That Day-

The glistening sun crept through the corner of my window where the black sheet failed to keep covered up. My eyes slowly opened, and adjusted to the surroundings around me. The cabin was the same as it was when I shut my eyes last night. Being a vampire, we don't truly sleep but we can shut our eyes and enter a dream state. It's really the only place I can dream about the family I once had before the hunters killed them. I haven't been the same since.

Everyone here thinks I'm this cruel man, and that I'm heartless. I wasn't always like this, but I have no intentions to clear the rumors or the statements that they have said about me. It just makes it easier to keep going without having everyone be sympathetic for me. People mind their business, and I mind mine. I do still get a lot of attention from the people even though they think of me as a true monster.

Girls think I'm some god because of my sharp sculpted looks that I got from my father, and my soft handsome features from my mom. I'm very humble on who I am, and my upbringing. I try to avoid attention, but girls have a tendency to like mysterious and troubled men. Most guys dislike me due to the attention of the girls. Truth be told, I rather the girls flaunt over someone else than me. It makes me very uncomfortable when I'm at breakfast drinking the provided blood bags, and there's twenty something girls staring at me in the process of finishing my breakfast.

Adverting my mind back inside the cabin walls, I noticed a small white piece of paper that I assumed was slid underneath the cabin door. The small white paper laid a few inches from door, and I know it wasn't there last night. A small draft came from under the door pushing the note closer to me, and a whiff of Alice's perfume carried with it. My eyes traveled to the piece of the paper than to the door, and than to the calendar. April 1st. My stomach twisted into a huge knot.

She was coming today. The half-human. Great.

I huffed out a sigh of annoyance, and shot up from my bed to grab the note that now laid in the middle of the cabin floor. I picked the small piece of paper up, and Alice's perfume radiated strongly off of the note.

It read :

                 "I know you are mad at me for this. She may not be human at all. She needs our help, and we can't abandon her. We didn't abandon you when you needed us. Just give her a chance. You may end up liking her, and become great friends!"

                                                                                                               - A. Wilds

How could she do this to me? Why would I want to be friends with a human? Humans hunted down my family, and slaughtered them. Alice knows that. Alice was the one to rescue me, and bring me here when I was fifteen. I quickly got changed into normal clothes for the day. Mainly, I only wore dark colors. So I grabbed a pair of jeans, a hoodie, and a beanie to top off the look. I rushed to brush my teeth, and throw my black converse on. I slid the necklace on over my head which in the end helps with sunlight, so I don't get a sunburn. We don't die from the sun but it makes us weaker, and we get sunburnt pretty easily. I slammed the door open while tearing the small note Alice left me into pieces. The wind carried the torn pieces away as I dashed towards Alice's cabin in frustration.

Once I got closer to Alice's cabin, one of the strongest smells hits my nose. I never have smelled something so sweet, and so divine. It smelled of roses, and vanilla. My mouth started to water, and my stomach felt like it was even in more knots and my hands started to get sweaty. I couldn't tell if I was just so livid or this smell just messed with my hunting instincts. I bounced up the cabin stairs two at a time, and my hand went to reach for the door knob. The door knob was already turning though, and my mind raced to who would be at Alice's cabin at this time of the day. It's nine in the morning, everyone should be in class unless someone got into trouble. I will have to hear this one now. 

*THUD* *Intense shocks go through my body*

What the..?

There is that smell. I glanced down, and to my surprise it was a young brown haired girl, with gorgeous brown eyes, olive toned skin, perfect full lips, and cheeks that shown a bright red embarrassed color. It was the human. I didn't know what to do. She ran into my chest when she opened the door because I assumed she wasn't really paying attention to where she was going. She pushed herself off the ground where she landed from the impact while dusting herself off she started to try to apologize to me. I just simply pushed passed her, and didn't even acknowledge her or the situation that had occurred. I should've waited and heard what she had to say, but I didn't. I felt guilty, but she is a human.. I shouldn't care as much as I do for ignoring her.

I just kept making my way towards Alice's office, and once I reached it. I kicked the door stop out of place, and the door slammed behind me as I entered. Alice had her back towards me, and she sighed loudly while she shook her head. Her feet slowly turned her chair towards me. She glared at me, and folded her arms across her body as she relaxed more into her seat.

"Really Xavier? The poor girl just wanted to say sorry. You couldn't have just let her say sorry, and say it's good, like you always do. She needs to feel welcomed, not feel like a villain or an idiot! She needs us. She thinks you are rude now, and probably will think everyone here is rude. Just great, Xavier." She said annoyed. Her eyes shifted to a very foggy gray, and her eyes focused on to the painting by the right side of my head. I knew she was having a flash of either the future, present, or past. She gave no signs of what she was seeing, but she just stared frozenly at the painting.

"Alice? Is everything okay? What are you seeing? Do you need me to get Shane?" I asked while rubbing the back of my head trying to pull myself back together from the awkward interaction I had ten minutes ago with the human girl.

"I'm seeing her. Her mom I think. She is begging the doctor to take her baby to Lavender Haven. It's the only place she will be safe from the men in white. They want her. Don't let them take her! Her dad couldn't save her! I won't be able to save her. Please! Don't let them take my Serena!" Alice starting exclaiming from her flashback, and she started to shake uncontrollably.

I ran to her, and tried to shake her out of the flashback. Alice was breathing heavy, and sweating like I've never seen before. She just kept shaking horribly. I kept trying to pull her out of it. She finally escaped out of the flashback, and fell onto the floor gasping for air. She was holding her throat and frantically looking around for something.

She started digging through her desk drawers in a hurry, and she finally grabbed out the items. It was a small note pad, and pen. Her eyes went a very foggy gray again, and I knew she was once again back in her trance. She scribbled all over the page as she stared straight at the pale white wall. I tried to make out what she was writing, but it wasn't words written on the paper. She snapped out of the trance, and we both looked at the page to see what she had wrote on it.

It was a sketch of a man.

It was a picture of my dad...