Chapter 3

As Alexander became more involved with Emily's charity, he found himself spending more and more time with her. They would often grab coffee or lunch between meetings, and Alexander found himself enjoying her company more and more.

One day, as they were walking through Central Park, Emily turned to him with a serious expression. "Alexander, can I ask you something?"

"Of course," he replied.

"Why do you do what you do?" Emily asked. "I mean, why did you become a businessman? What drives you?"

Alexander paused, surprised by the question. He had never really thought about it before. "I guess I wanted to prove something," he said finally. "I came from nothing, and I wanted to show that I could make something of myself. But now...I don't know. I feel like there has to be more to life than just making money."

Emily nodded in understanding. "I know what you mean. I used to work in finance, but I realized that it wasn't fulfilling me in the way that I wanted it to. That's why I started this charity. It's not about the money. It's about making a difference."

Alexander looked at her, feeling a sense of admiration. "You're amazing, you know that?"

Emily blushed. "Stop it," she said, playfully punching his arm.

As they continued walking, Alexander found himself thinking about Emily in a different way. He had never felt this way about anyone before, and he didn't know what to do about it.

A few days later, Emily invited Alexander to a dinner party at her apartment. It was a small gathering of friends and colleagues, and Alexander found himself enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. As the night wore on, he found himself drawn to Emily more and more.

As they were saying their goodbyes, Alexander felt a surge of courage. "Emily, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure," she said, stepping aside with him.

Alexander took a deep breath. "I know this might sound crazy, but...I think I'm starting to have feelings for you. And I was wondering if maybe...you would want to go on a date with me?"

Emily looked at him, her eyes wide. "Really?"

Alexander nodded, feeling a sense of vulnerability that he wasn't used to. "I know it's a risk, and I understand if you don't feel the same way. But I just had to tell you."

Emily smiled, her eyes shining. "I feel the same way, Alexander."

They kissed under the streetlights, and Alexander knew that his life would never be the same. He had found something that he had been missing for so long, and he knew that he would do anything to keep it.

As they walked away, hand in hand, Alexander felt a sense of excitement for the future. He had never felt so alive.