Chapter 0: Child of the Moon (Pt. 3)

CHAPTER 0

CHILD OF THE MOON

EPISODE 3. THE NEXT LUNA

The young princess froze in her spot. She heard ringing bells in her ears. Her vision became blurry due to the tears. Then there's the pain her mother feels. In a matter of seconds, Luna Diane's eyes changed from electric blue to a gray color. She then smiled at Ayla who cried out for her.

Then Dardan lets Luna Diane go who slipped onto the ground. He wiped off the blood from his chin and looked over at Ayla.

"You're next," he said and ran over to the young princess.

AWOOOO!

A howl was heard from afar which stopped Dardan. The young princess turned around to see both her father and uncle in their wolf forms. They both ran towards Dardan with their sharp teeth and long claws ready to protect the heir of the Lycan Kingdom. Ayla watched as her father, the wolf in midnight black fur, jumped into the air and bit the vampire's right arm while her uncle, the wolf in golden brown fur, checked on her for a few seconds before helping his older brother out. Then the young princess looked back to where her mother was. She hurriedly went over to Luna Diane who is holding on tightly to her mundane life. Her gray eyes stared softly at Ayla as the little one got down on her knees beside her mother.

"Mommy..." Ayla whispered, her eyes brimming with tears, "Please, stay awake, okay? Daddy and Uncle Seth are here. They'll take the vampire down! So please don't go. Don't leave us... D-don't leave me."

Luna Diane weakly smiled at her daughter and said, "My little moon, I am sorry... If I had been a better mother, then you wouldn't have to go through this. Everyone didn't deserve to go through such pain from tonight and the past month. I haven't been doing my job as their Luna. But you, my little moon, you are their hope, our hope. It's too early to give you the rest of your gifts, but they will protect you from your enemies. Give me your hands, Aylina."

The six-year-old was processing everything all at once. So many questions were running through her head. But she gave her small hands to her mother. Luna Diane took hold of them and in a few seconds, a bright light appeared between her and her daughter. It wasn't like the light from earlier in Ayla's quarters. Instead, it was a beautiful kind of light that glowed gently like the moonlight. Then a light blue orb came out of Luna Diane's chest and floated towards the young princess.

"Ayla, listen well and repeat the words I say through our mind link. Are you ready?" Luna Diane spoke up, still with her soft yet weak smile.

The young princess nodded her head. "Y-yes, mommy."

I, Aylina Helen Van Lupine, a child of the moon...

"I, Aylina Helen Van Lupine, a child of the moon..."

Accept the gifts bestowed upon me...

"Accept the gifts bestowed upon me..."

And the destiny to be the... next Luna.

Ayla's eyes widened at what her mother said through their mind link.

"I'm to be the next Luna?" she whispered in surprise.

Luna Diane's smile faltered for a bit but she nodded her head to which Ayla continued.

"And the destiny to be the next Luna."