Part Nineteen - The Puppeteer and Marionette

My face was still flushed pink by the time I entered the dormitory, and when I entered the VIP you could bet 100,000 thou marks  that Jade and Azul questioned me badly about it.

"Oh? What made you into such a tomato?" Jade asked, giving me a smirk of amusement, even if he was my brother, I hated when he'd smirk like that.

"Nothing.." I sighed back. I flopped down onto the couch and let out an exaggerated breath.

"Does it perhaps have to do with Inoyuki?" Azul questioned, at least he seemed a little more subtle with it. The door to the room burst open, catching all of our attention.

"S-sorry! I didn't see the message! But I'm here now!" Yuki said, she cast her gaze around the room and stopped at me. "O-oh! Floyd.." She smiled.

I waved at her and shot a glare at Jade who was being weird about our reactions. Shun appeared through the door not long after, he had a happy look on his face till he saw me in the room. Dolphin's face went from happy to annoyed quicker than I'd ever seen before, and he grumbled more stuff under his breath.

"Inoyuki. I'm sorry to say, but your brother cannot attend this. This meeting is of utmost importance y'know. I wouldn't want someone from another dorm knowing." Azul explained.

"Ah! Sorry Azul! And sorry, Un, you're gonna have to go." She said, waving her hands around.

"Okay! That's fine! I wouldn't wanna interfere with your guys' business." Shun smiled innocently. As he rushed out the door I stuck my tongue out at him.

Yuki took the spot on the couch next to me, but the weird thing was she kept a big distance between us. Aw, man. I messed up, didn't I?! I internally panicked. I heard Azul mention things like the new menu and Jade talk about the new dishes he could prepare. All I did was nod along to what they had to say, it's not that I didn't wanna take care of the place, I just wasn't in the mood. Shrimpy must've noticed.

"Floyd? Do you need to go outside or something? You seem kinda out of it.." She asked, her brows furrowed with concern.

Azul laughed a bit, "You're one to talk, Inoyuki. You have also been acting out of it." He tilted his head to the side. She gave him a weak laugh and changed the subject, almost like the question didn't exist to her. Azul didn't seem bothered by it though, as far as I've known, he loved keeping on track. Jade, on the other hand, didn't seem to let it go.

"It's unlike our little Inoyuki to not answer a question. Is something on your mind?" He asked.

"Yeah... I'm all good." Shrimpy smiled. That's real weird. She's not speaking how she usually does during work. I thought, now I knew something was definitely up. But she quite obviously won't tell me.

Azul caught onto this too, "You truly are out of it. Why not take a break for this meeting?" He suggested. It wasn't even a second before Shrimpy nodded and walked out of the room. I was about to follow her when Azul called my name, "Floyd. Stay here. Let her have some time to herself."

I quickly turned back to him, "But Azul! I can't just leave Yuki alone!" I cried. The two others looked from me to each other and back to me, their eyes wide. I crossed my arms in annoyance, I really wanted to go and hang out with Shrimpy but they wouldn't let me. So not fun.

"You.. used her actual name?" My brother said, a little questioning in his voice. I nodded. "You never use anyone's actual name aside from us.."

"So? What about it?"

"You and Inoyuki.."

"You already know this, Jade.."

"I suppose... But still."