ꓹ⠀♱ 𝐩𝐫𝐨logue

A SUNDAY MORNING, the radiating warmth beaming from the sky as the damp strays hit the ground

A SUNDAY MORNING, the radiating warmth beaming from the sky as the damp strays hit the ground. Birds chirping in rhymes, singing. An aesthetically pleasing imagination until you take a closer look.

On a loose swing, hanging from an enormous tree, there sat a little, pale, black-curled girl. Her black dress moving in motions with the wind, singing with the birds, convinced the animals understood what she was saying.

"Vic!" All of a sudden a shadow blocked the 12-year-old's provision of sun, a groan leaving her lips until she peaked up to be met with the bluest eyes she had ever seen in her whole life, the most familiar blue eyes she had ever risked to glance at.

Draco Malfoy was not only standing in front of her with a smile spread across his lip, the platinum blonde was also proudly holding two letters in his hand.

Soonly followed Lorenzo, appearing somewhat shaken up and way too energized in contrast to his normal behaviors.

A breath escaped the brunette once he had arrived up the small hill where the swing Victoria had been sitting on was located. "How can you possibly come up here on the daily? I feel like the capacities of air in my lungs have run out for the next year!"

Victoria could only giggle as she eyes the boy, her attention being drawn back to an impatient Draco Malfoy who had been attempting to pull her off the small wooden swing.

Soon, there was an envelope tossed into her lap, her brows furrowing in confusion as she stared down at it for a minute, not quite sure of what to do.

"Open it!" Both boys exclaimed at once, almost sounding like a choir, their eyes darting in the direction of her hands as she tore the paper open.

Dear Miss Greengrass,

we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore
Headmaster

The Greengrass squealed in excitement after finishing to read the perfectly written words on parchment.

"Come on boys, we got stuff to do!" Vic announced, lifting herself up from the piece of wood she had been sat on.

Lorenzo and Draco shared a look, then both of them turned a head at her the same time, their brows croaked. "You get a letter that you're accepted to Hogwarts and suddenly you have got stuff to do?" Draco scoffs in disbelief, but lets the girl drag him along anyways.

"Well! I doubt our owls will write the response by themselves!" Vic stated firmly, glaring at the Malfoy from the side of her eye.

In fact, the girl was far too excited.

Leaving home? Getting to spend time with her loved ones? Being taught about charms, potions, transfiguration and several other magical abilities?

Sounded far too perfect.

. . . " And it was too perfect. I should have known from the start. Don't get too excited, too much excitement will ruin the best things in life. "  Mutters 17-year-old Victoria to herself as she remembers that exact day, the euphoria they felt. The happiness.

Merlin. Only if baby Vic knew.