The Confession (in Jake's car, outside Sofia's apartment)

The date had been perfect. They had gone to a small Italian restaurant, where they had shared a plate of spaghetti and meatballs and talked for hours.

Jake drove Sofia home, and they sat in his car outside her apartment building.

"I have to tell you something," he said, looking at her with a serious expression.

Sofia's heart sank. Had he changed his mind about her? "What is it?" she said, her voice cracking a little.

Jake took a deep breath. "I haven't been entirely honest with you. You see, I'm not just a regular guy. I'm part of a family. A family that's involved in, well, some not-so-legal activities."

Sofia's eyes widened. This was not what she had been expecting.

"I'm not like them, though," he continued. "I want to get out, I want to live a normal life. But it's not that simple. They won't just let me go."

Sofia's mind was racing. She didn't know what to say.

"But here's the thing," Jake said, taking her hand in his. "When I'm with you, I feel like I can be myself. I feel like I can forget about all that other stuff and just be Jake. I know this is a lot to ask, but will you help me? Will you be my partner in this? Help me get out of this life, and start a new one with you?"

Sofia looked into his eyes, and felt her heart swell with love for him. She nodded, knowing deep down that she would do whatever it took to be with him.

They kissed then, a long, passionate kiss that made Sofia's head spin.

Under the starry night sky, Sofia and Jake had found each other, and they were determined to make their love work, no matter what.

THE END...