Goodnight

sleepykasa sleepykasa sleepykasa sleepykasa sleepykasa sleepykasa
THIS IS GENUINELY THE FIRST TIME IM WRITING FLUFF HELP AM I DOING IT RIGHT???? 😭😭😭
————

Rui feels something is different from the moment he steps onto the rooftop. It's not bad- just different. The atmosphere is more calm and chill, unlike how bright and energetic it usually is when Tsukasa is here.

He'd usually enter the rooftop to find Tsukasa practicing his lines or doing homework, but instead, the boy was sitting against the fence, zoning out as he twirled his chopsticks between his fingers.

Huh.

"Hello, my star," Rui began, smiling gently. He closed the door, walking over to the blonde who waved happily at him.

"Hi, Rui!" Tsukasa chirped, smiling brightly. Rui took notice of how his tone was a bit less sharp and loud, and instead being more quiet. "How were classes so far?"

Rui chuckled, opening his bento and sighing in relief at the realization that there were no vegetables. "Same as always," The tall boy replied. "I did get to work on the sketch of the design for the new robot I'm making for our next show, though."

Tsukasa nodded, beginning to eat his own food. "The dinosaur?" He asked, to which Rui nodded in response. "Do you want to see what I have so far?"

The blonde's eyes lit up the slightest bit, and he nodded. "Yeah!" He cheered, adjusting his position so he was closer to Rui.

Rui felt his heart beat faster.

Oh. Okay. They were getting really close now.

That's fine!

Ignoring the queasy, lovesick feeling in his stomach, Rui took out a notebook from his bag and opened it, flipping through the pages until he found the most recent set of sketches. "Here," He said, showcasing the design to Tsukasa.

Tsukasa leaned over to look at it, his eyes sparkling with curiosity. Instead of a scary, realistic dinosaur, Rui opted for a cuter, more chibi look to fit the atmosphere and setting of their show. He had gotten some inspiration from the cute little Dino lamp Nene had bought around a month ago. He had copied it's base design, but added some different features for the touch of originality.

"Awww!! It looks so cute!" Tsukasa cooed. "Did you base this off of the lamp Nene got from the mall last month?"

Rui nodded. "Indeed, I did," He said, chuckling lightly. "Hmm..."

The purple haired boy took another good look at Tsukasa, staring at him intently. His eyelids looked like they were drooping slightly, but he was struggling to keep them open. Every so often he blinked rapidly, as if trying to keep himself awake as he bobbed his legs up and down.

Rui couldn't take it any longer. It seemed like Tsukasa was trying to hide the fact that he was tired. Which, really, was something he would do, but it was lunchtime. Lunchtime was a time to rest. And he wanted to give him that, Rui decided.

(Or maybe it was an excuse for Tsukasa to lie down against him.)

"Tsukasa," Rui began, closing the notebook. He tilted his head to the side, "Are you tired?"

The blondes eyes widened, and he leaned back in surprise. "Huh?!! No- No, I'm not!" He exclaimed, shaking his head frantically as he denied Rui's statement. "What made you think that.?? I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night, and I feel fine!!"

Rui hummed, deciding to play dumb. "Ah, well.. you just look tired," He pointed out. "You're quieter than usual, too. I thought I'd find you practicing your lines for the show or doing homework, but you were just sitting down, waiting for me- and zoning out too, I believe."