home - chpt 1

The brothers were in the Med Bay, a thick lace of uncomfortable and strained silence around them. Donnie remained glued to his Tech, booting it up to input more code to the machines that were hooked up to Leo and Mikey, along with any other injured people that were there.

 Raph clutching Leo's hand as his brother let out a strained hiss. "Hey- hey, Raphie. It'll- ohgod. It'll be okay." He groaned after speaking, looking over dizzily. "Donnie. I need painkillers. I'm joking. I'll die." 

Donnie tensed, still typing violently. "Don't make those jokes, Nardo. We can't lose you." He bit back any more than a retaliation. Leo nodded slowly. "Um- can you please just hook me up to something." Donnie nodded slowly.

 "What medicine can I give you? I'm 100% sure you have a concussion." Leo thought for a moment, his fist clenching slightly. "Uh. Paracetamol?" Donnie nodded, digging it from a cabinet. He paused. "Isn't that basically acetaminophen?"

 Leo cleared his throat. "Yeah, I think. My brain is kind of foggy right now. I feel like um." He waved his hands around.

Casey walked into the med bay, clutching Mikey to his chest. The boy had his eyes half closed, blood dripping down his arms.

 Casey made a move to set him down on the cot beside Leo, but the small orange turtle whined when he attempted to set him down. He glanced at Raph, unsure what to do. "Just set 'im down, buddy. He's just upset because you're warm and he's exhausted."

Casey nodded, still unsure. He set him down, Mikey's hands trembling as they fell to his sides. He sniffled, letting out a cry of pain. "They hurt, raphie! They hur-hurt so much-" Mikey cried, Donnie walking over with bandages. 

Raphael reached over, placing a reassuring hand on his plastron. "Mikey, don't worry. Donnie will make you feel all better, okay?" Mikey nodded, looking to donnie for reassurance and just for some semblance of safety. 

Donnie shook his hands out, huffing. "Future boy. Can you take these?" He tossed the bandages, Casey catching them.

"Bandage Mikey's arms, thanks. Oh yeah, disinfect them too." He threw a bottle behind them, Casey catching it. "Okay! I won't let you down, Master Donatello." Donnie scrunched his beak up, sighing. "Yeah yeah. Call me Donnie or whatever." 

He snapped, clearly tired. Casey held out a hand, urging Mikey to place his hands in his. He uncapped the disinfectant with his teeth. It was a spray. "Okay, I'm gonna spray this. It'll sting but itll feel better in a second." 

Mikey nodded, tensing up. Casey sprayed it, wiping the excess off. Mikey let out a pained chirp-hiss, his head sinking into his shell slightly. Casey worked quickly, wrapping his arms up with calloused hands and a mission in mind.

His brows were furrowed as he worked - his face mirrored donnies. Raph watched with his only eye left. While they drove home, Donnie had violently cleaned and cauterized the wound that had clawed itself into its host, his older brother.

 A wad of cotton and bandages covered his eye, and he was very drugged by the morphine that donnie had given him in an attempt to ease the pain that seeped through every joint in his body. He couldn't help but smile softly, his head was spinning and he wasn't thinking straight. 

He loved watching Donnie work, and watching Casey work was like watching a little Donatello. Leo gasped softly. "My ribs hurt." He winced. Raph moved his hand to gently cup Leo's face. 

"It's gonna be okay, Leo . You can cry, you can whine, you can do whatever you need to let out what I know is in your chest." Raph gently knocked on his plastron, hand settling back into his brothers that lay on the cot.