Guh?

"Overlord, we need a divorce."

Overlord looked over in shock as Corrupted uttered those words. It had been just a few years after their marriage.. And yet-

"Wh-.. What?" Overlord was taken aback, struggling to find the right words for this unexpected situation. "But Corrupted? We've been married for just a few years! And we were going so wel-"

"Well? We've been practically fighting almost twice a week, maybe even thrice. It doesn't help that you refuse to back down even when you know you're wrong."

"..."

"The divorce papers are on the table." Corrupted pointed out. "Hurry up and sign them, I've got no time to waste."

Corrupted then left to pack up his things upstairs, with the sound of his footsteps and the sound of a drawer opening muffled by the ceiling between the them.

It was true, they've been fighting alot. He was a brat, sure, but he still loved him. Overlord looks over at the divorce papers set on the table, and Corrupted's words seemed to echo again and again in his head.

He starts thinking if he should tell him if they can start anew again. Maybe make up and forget about this. Maybe.. But Overlord deep down knew this would be the last time he would see him again.

Defeated, he heads over to the table, taking a seat. Holding a pen, he begins to sign the papers.. But not before letting a few tears out first.

Tears rolled off his cheeks and unto the paper. Overlord notices and desperately tries to wipe them off, but to no avail.

He can't help it, he's been with Corrupted for a long time and married for a few, they were going to be finally together, officially.. But all was destroyed by his shit personality. All because of his high and mighty attitude.

It was honestly deserved, as it was a suprise Corrupted could handle him for a long time, even going as far as to marry him. He loved him, but he had a limit, and Overlord broke it.

As Overlord signs the divorce papers, he spots Corrupted and his baggage coming downstairs.

Silence fills the room as the two stare at each other, with one distraught and one tired.

...

"Finished yet?" Corrupted asks Overlord.

".. Yes." Overlord averts his gaze from Corrupted's. He could no longer maintain eye contact with him.

Corrupted then takes off his ring, and puts it on the table.

Overlord eyes the ring. Memories of his first interaction, his first date.. And then his marriage. It felt like he was dying.

He hears the door opening, and as Overlord is about to accept that he is once again alone, he hears something.

".. You know, despite all your bullshit, I still loved you.." Corrupted looks at Overlord for the last time.

".. But I guess enough is enough. Goodbye." As those words leave Corrupted, the door closes, and Overlord breaks down.

His sobbing session was drowned by the noises of a car engine starting, before it finally fades away, marking the end of a relationship and a time he treasured yet took for granted.