SIXTEEN

Author's POV

Antara stand up as she saw her sister and aunt standing at the door throwing daggers at her. She gulped and took few steps backwards only to bump into the side table beside the bed.

Saarika stomped angrily towards Antara and held Antara's forearms in a tight grip making them hurt even more.

"Why?! Why you always have to take everyone's happiness away?! What did anyone ever did to you?! What did I ever do to you?! First Ranvijay then this boy! Why?! Why you have to be so unlucky for everyone?!" Saarika yelled angrily.

"B-but wh-what I did, di? I was only in my room." Antara stuttered in pain. "Of course Antara you never do anything right? Everything happens on their own!" Saarika scoffed.

"You are very unlucky for this house. You always take away the happiness of our house! Don't know in which inauspicious time you were born!" Abha Rathi said and Antara was shocked and looked at her aunt with hurt evident in her eyes.

"Tumne humse humari masi ko cheen liya, tumne Paarth bhai aur Aarav se unki maa cheen li, bade papa se unki patni cheen li, meri maa se unki behen cheen li, iss ghar ki badi bahu ko cheen liya! Sab karne ke baad puchti ho tumne kiya kya hai?!" Saarika yelled and Antara cried more.

(You snatched my aunt from me, you snatched Paarth bhai and Aarav's mom from them, you snatched uncle's wife from him, you snatched my mom's sister, you snatched this house's older daughter-in-law. After doing everything, you ask what you did?!)

Antara then look towards her room's door where all her family members are standing. Antara made eye contact with her father, Aarav and her older brother, who just came back from his office.

Both look away as soon as their eyes met making Antara more hurt than ever. Antara then free herself from Saarika's grip and looked at her angrily.

"Maine iss ghar ki khushiya cheeni?! Maine?! Ek galti! Ek galti ki maine Jo main manti hu chotti nahi thi! Bilkul bhi nahi! Lekin aapne yeh dekha ki aapne aapni masi khoyi, Paarth bhai aur Aarav ne unki maa khoyi, papa ne unki patni aur chachi ne unki behen! Lekin kisi ne yeh socha ki maine bhi aapni maa khoyi?! Socha kisi ne?! Nahi! Kyuki sabke nazaro mein srif kalank hu main kalank!!"

(I take away this family's happiness?! Me?! One mistake! I did one mistake and I know it wasn't a small one. Not at all! But you saw that you lost your aunt, Paarth bhai and Aarav lost their mother, Papa lost his wife and aunt lost her sister! But did anyone thought that I also lost my mother?! Did anyone thought?! No! Because I was a stigma in everyone's eyes, a stigma!)

Everyone were shocked at Antara's outburst. Never in their life Antara had said anything to them. And somehow her words put guilts in the heart of some people.

"Papa, jinko mujhe aur Aarav dono ko sambhalna chahiye tha unhone hee mujhse muh mod liya! Aur Paarth bhai, mere superhero, unhone bhi mujhse muh mod liya. Aree yaha tak ki mere aapne twin ne mujhse muh mod liya! Sabko Aarav ko dukh dikha, ki vo 6 saal ka bachha maa ke bina kaise rahega lekin mera nahi?! Main bhi uss samay 6 saal ki hee thi!

6 saal ki umar mein main khudse badi hui, khudko sambhala maine! Sabki baate suni, Chachi ki maar khayi, lekin kabhi ek shabd nahi bola! Aur maine iss ghar ki khushiya cheeni?! Humesha kisi family function mein aap logo ke saath nahi gayi, har function, har festiva akele manaya taaki aap logo ka mood mere wajah se kharab na ho aur maine iss ghar ki khushiya cheeni?!"

(Papa, who should've taken care of both me and Aarav turned his back one me. Paarth bhai, my superhero, he too turned his back on me. Even my own twin Aarav turned his back on me. Everyone saw Aarav's sadness, that how him being 6 year old live without his mother but not me?! I was 6 years old too!

At the age of 6, I took care of myself! Listen to everyone's talks, took aunt's beatings, but never said a word! And I stole this house's happiness?! Never once I went to a family function with you all,  I celebrated every function, every festival all by myself so that none of your moods gets ruined because of me and I stole this house's happiness?!)

As soon as Antara completd her words, a slap was given to her by Abha Rathi making everyone but Saarika shocked.

"Do not raise your voice in my hoise! And what do you think, you saying all this will prove that you're not a bad omen to our house?! Huh! You were and is a bad luck for Rathi House! You took away our happiness and nothing can change that!"

Abha Rathi said and shaking her head while crying, Antara pushed past everyone to leave the room only to stop in her tracks when she saw who standing in front of her. Her eyes widen as she saw her husband's eyes filled with rage. Not towards her, bit towards her family.

"Ranvijay Ji......"

Hi everyone! Here's the new chapter! Hope you will like it. Please vote and comment!

Happy reading!

Thank You,

Author M~