Fond Memories - Part One

As the sun began to rise, the room was filled with the calming light of the morning. As the light spreads the bedroom, a symphony of bird chirping fills the air, signaling the start of early morning. The sweet rhapsody of birds fills the surroundings with a peaceful and relaxing energy, gently beckoning Kawakana awake from her slumber.

On her shoulder rested Tobirama's head, she caressed his cheek as he slept. She smiled as she looked down at him, "I know you are awake."

Tobirama woke up, eyes fluttering as he opened them and looked at Kawakana. He yawned as he got up, noting that the morning sky had cleared up over the horizon, "Good morning."

"Morning." Kawakana replied as she rubbed her eyes. "You seem well rested.."

He smirked, Raising up embracing her once more, kissing her, "Thanks to you."

She sighed, rubbing her eyes and then rubbing Tobirama's cheek. "Calm down Senju, I'm still sore from last night."

Tobirama shook his head as he sighed, "Your wish is my command."

Kawakana blushed, taking her leave from his arms.

He noted, "We will go fishing at the lake this morning, Please ready yourself."

She nodded and brought her attention to finding her misplaced clothing. Her eyes caught the sight of an object she remembered fondly. The wooden practice sword he had lended to her on his third visit. This blade now seemed soo small in her hand. A far cry from the start of her kenjutsu training.

She placed down the blade on the rack beneath the other blades. Kawakana remembered that day rather fondly.
_______

"Hiyah!!!"

With all the force she could muster up Kawakana battered a tree with a wooden sword. She used the weapon as she would a kunai. A weapon she had been efficient in using, With one hand, quick flicks of her wrist.

He face-palmed, This was soo embarrassing. Tobirama stopped her with his commanding voice, "Stop, You are just making a fool of yourself."

She caught her breath, "Show me, as you said you would."

She came up to him and held out her wood practice sword. Tobirama examined her outstretched hand, "Do not use a katana as you would a kunai, Kana-chan."

Kawakana grinned, "I suspected as much!"

She reached out her hand. He responded to her gesture with a smile, With a pronounced blush she allowed. Now both his hands were overlaping her's on the hilt. Then he said, "You must hold a katana with two hands, Your right hand motions the blade, while the left hand slaps down on the wooden handle." They tried it out, with Kawakana controlling the sword, and he instructing her on how to position herself. "This time, Kawakana, Your right leg in front, and your left in back." She did as instructed. He motioned her arms to in a slashing motion. "Thrusting and slashing motions should work," she nodded and started cutting at the tree, using the blade, then turning it to the side and cutting again at the tree with a down cut motion. "Good. Keep at it. Only a short while now, and you will be able to defend yourself." Kawakana looked at him eagerly wanting more instructions.

"Kana-chan, that is enough for now," Tobirama reminded her, then taking his sword off her and back into its wooden sheath.

"You want me to stop training?" Kawakana's mouth fell open, "But I-I-I mean, I need to- I must learn more!"

Tobirama held up his hand to stop her, "Don't worry. After a second lesson, I will return in a week and assist you once again."

"Thank you," She indulged with a dulcet giggle, "I knew you would come back here to me despite your claims."