The Calm Before The Storm

10 years ago...

"Come on! Tobirama!" She, Kawakana exclaimed.

Tobirama obliged, speeding up. The pace did seem faster and the trecherous terrain seemed to no longer resist their speed, but Kawakana seemed to always just fall through his grasp. Unfortunately She'd always slip away.

"Hahaha! Slow poke!" Kawakana said.

"I'll eventually out run you!" Tobirama ran faster than ever. The world around them was like a long tunnel and Tobirama would occasionally jump, hoping that he would stay on his feet when he landed.

After what felt like an eternity, Tobirama stumbled to a stop. Both came to a cliff. There was a huge lake, the bottom of it obscured by a thick layer of fog and water. Kawakana stopped catching her breathe.

"I'm going to jump." She said.

"Are you sure?" Tobirama looked at her nervously.

"I have to." She said. "If I don't go now, then I'm never going to do it."

Tobirama shook his head and Kawakana shrugged, She faced him, their faces inches apart. He felt her breath on his lips, but instead of shying away she leaned forward, with her arms, to where her feet were, and took him by the face. Kawakana smiled and she kissed him.

Tobirama's heart pounded against his chest. The taste of Kawakana's lips on his, the warmth of her hands on his cheeks, her hair against his skin. The smell of her perfume. They kissed and their lips parted. He kept looking at her. Her eyes were glowing, so blue, so enchanting. He wanted to kiss her more than anything in the world.

She felt his lips on hers again and she gave him a little turn so they switched standing positions. So his back faced the ledge of the cliff. It was time.

They kissed again. Her hair against his face, his lips on hers, her hands on his cheeks, his hands in her hair, their bodies touching. She pushed him back a little. He felt as if she was trying to push him off the cliff.

"Do you trust me? Tobirama?" Kawakana asked.

Tobirama was so close to the edge.

"With my whole heart." Tobirama said, his voice breaking a little at the end.

He looked into her eyes, and he saw a glimmer that was like the sun. A spark of hope that burned just for him, for their love.

"What about you? Do you trust me?" Tobirama finally asked.

Kawakana kissed him lovingly and passionately one last time. As if it was their first. The last one.

"With my whole heart." She said. This wasn't a lie. She saw something in Tobirama that made her trust him completely. So she did.

She then pulled him from the cliff's edge, turning him around so her back was against the ledge. Tobirama's gaze met the lake for a brief second, before turning back to Kawakana's glowing eyes.

"If you can't see the light, then... I'll be your light." She whispered. "Then we both will jump together!"

He hugged her, she hugged him, and they leaped. Kawakana closed her eyes, He looked up to her to see the sun brighten her hair and illuminate her face. He loved how, in that moment, It was in his arms she truly shone.

"I love you Kawakana-chan." He shouted.

And he heard a great shout from her lips, "Not as much as I to you."

Then the water cased them both and their spirits were truly one. Submerged in the warmth of each others embrace.

The water cased both teenagers and they floated up towards the surface. They held on tight, to each other, arms wrapped tightly. Tobirama gazed into his love's eyes and she gazed back.