// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖 //

hiraeth - part thirty-five

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n stood silently behind Whis as they made their way to Lord Beerus's planet. Or so, she thought they were. Whis looked back to her with worry in his eyes. He knew that, emotionally, she was in turmoil. When he revealed her past life to her, he'd seen all of her memories, including her current ones. He knew she had a strong bond with Goku and Gohan, and had feelings for them. There was no way she'd be able to train in the state she's in.

"Are you okay, Miss Y/n?" Whis asked with a comforting smile. Y/n looked up at him, sighing.

"I-I'm fine. I just... Feel guilty. I ruined Goku and Gohan's lives." Y/n said, her eyes still threatening to spill tears. It was only moments ago that she had crushed the hearts of the two people closest to her. Not to mention, she had abandoned her dreams, her school, and Bulma, who had worked hard to get Y/n where she was at. She didn't even feel human anymore.

"I don't think they see it that way. They think you're being hard on yourself. As do I. It's terribly unhealthy to place the blame all on yourself, when it is nobody's fault entirely." Whis said. Y/n hummed, not wanting to speak. She didn't agree. It was her fault Gohan was abandoned, left there to cry alone. It was her fault Goku was rendered unable to even express his emotions, likely even coming to hate her for her decision. Though Y/n was miles off about her feelings and worries, that was the conclusion she had come to. She would no longer be wanted. They would likely be moved on by the time she may return to Earth. She didn't know that she would ever be brave enough to return.

Whis stared down at her, wondering why she blamed herself, and hated herself as much as she did. Perhaps it was an amalgamation of her current and past lives' emotions. Or maybe it was simply just that she easily suffered from depressive feelings. Either way, Whis knew she would continue to suffer if she did not first tackle her mental instability.

"Instead of beginning with physical training, I have another idea," Whis began, his switching of the subject catching Y/n's attention. "I'm not the greatest with mortal emotions and feelings. But I do know someone who excels at mental control."

The light around them suddenly disappeared, and they were in a place straight out of Y/n's imagination. The sky was a deep violet, with the horizon being a pale yellow. Many moons dotted the sky, and massive fields stretched as far as the eye could see. It was completely silent there, aside from the occasional breeze. It almost felt jarring to not hear a single bird or insect chirping.

"Wh-Where are we?" Y/n asked, looking around. Whis was looking around as well, as if searching for something. He perked up when he spotted it, gesturing for her to follow.

"All will be explained in a moment. Just follow me. There's someone I want you to meet." Whis said, walking through the tall grass. Y/n followed, still looking around in awe. This place would be extremely serene and relaxing, if not for the guilt that was eating Y/n away inside.

Whis suddenly came to a stop, catching Y/n's attention. She stood behind him, peeking around to see what he was doing. Her eyes widened when she realized he was not just doing something, he was greeting people. People that she recognized, from when she was dead with Goku. Though she did not recall their names.

"Hello, Supreme Kais." Whis greeted with a smile. There were three men, two very short, who had stood up to bow for Whis. The short, old one spoke, smiling at Whis.