// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕚𝕩 //

hiraeth - part thirty-six

»»——⍟——««

       Whis hummed as Bulma led him around, visiting lots of different restaurants around Earth. Lord Beerus was taking one of his naps, and Y/n was with the Supreme Kai, so that left Whis free to explore Earth. Or, more specifically, explore their food.

"So, Whis... I was wondering, what happened to..?" Bulma was almost scared to mention her name. It was like a curse, any time she mentioned her name, she could just faintly hear Gohan sobbing. Though, perhaps that was because Gohan had been staying at Capsule Corp., in Y/n's room. Bulma didn't want to get in the way of his way of coping, so she let him. Besides, he seemed respectful of her belongings. He refused to even touch any of her belongings, only sleeping in her bed. Bulma had no idea that he just felt guilty for the camera.

"Y/n? Ah, she's doing a different kind of training than what I wanted to teach her. She's currently learning mental control through meditation. I wanted her to learn that anyway so she could fully optimize her powers, but it's mainly because of her guilt right now." Whis explained with a full mouth.

"Oh... I guess she feels pretty bad for having to leave them. I hope Goku's alright, I haven't seen him. But it has only been two days." Bulma muttered to herself. Whis listened in, though he didn't bother to reply. He could sense Goku's energy, and he was, in fact, not okay. Goku was in a depressive rut at the moment, and hadn't moved since Whis showed up at all. And he knew Goku was fully capable of sensing him now.

And who knew how long that could last. Y/n would be training with Whis for months. She needed her body to catch up with her power before she could return to Earth, otherwise she'd just wind up injured again. Whis hummed, trying to guess just how long he thought it'd take.

As they made their way back to Capsule Corp., Bulma's eyes widened as she spotted a familiar boy standing outside. Gohan perked up upon seeing Bulma, his eyes widening when he realized who was with her. Whis smirked as he noticed Gohan, the two walking toward him.

"H-Hey, Gohan! What are you doing out..?" Bulma asked, nervous. Gohan forced out a chuckle, waving around a small sheet of paper.

"Your parents gave me a list of groceries to get..." Gohan explained. He looked up to Whis, frowning. "Wh-Why are you here..?"

"I'm here for this planet's cuisine. I've got some free time, and wanted to explore." Whis said. Gohan huffed, clenching the sheet of paper in his fist.

"Aren't you supposed to be training Y/n? You know, so she won't die?" Gohan hissed. Whis chuckled, bending down to Gohan's height.

"What? Are you worried? Y/n is perfectly well, and in fine hands. The Supreme Kai's, in fact. She's doing meditation training because, for some completely unknown reason, she hates herself. And I can't train her under those conditions." Whis said, putting emphasis on how completely obvious it was why she hated herself. Gohan looked down, completely crushed by his words. Whis clicked his tongue, placing a hand on Gohan's shoulder. "Don't fret, young man. I truly don't think any of you are to blame. It was just a conglomeration of problems that you all suffered from."

"When will Y/n come back?" Gohan asked. Whis hummed, placing a finger on his chin.

"If she progresses smoothly, my best guess is six months. But that's if she's even brave enough to come back." Whis said. Gohan looked down in disappointment, sighing. It was his fault she was too scared to come back. Not only was six months a long time, but there was no guarantee that she would even return. It made Gohan want to cry again, but he had already cried all of his tears. Now he just had to live with the facts.