𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵

“Where is your mother, [Y/N]?” Go away bastard! “He's going to kill me, mom!” I sneered at his high-pitched mocking voice. “Where is your mom, [L/N]? Is she dead? Is she dead?” I clenched my hands by my side as he let out a maniacal laugh that could top the Jokers. “Oh, right! She's dead! Because I killed-.” He could not finish his sentence. 

I opened my eyes. Oh right. I'm no longer in Elmory Hollow nor am I in Woodbury. Instead, my four friends and I were on our way to Blackmore University in New York City. It would have been more of us going to New York City, but our other friend had to go and kill them off along with my new best friend's older sister's boyfriend. I would rather this be how I went to a new place versus leaving Elmory Hollow. 

“Are we there yet?” I asked my best friend Tara Carpenter. 

Tara shook her head. “Almost.” 

“Probably another half hour.” Sam said from the driver seat. Great, another half hour in this hell hole. At least, we are in the final stretch. This road trip was the longest road trip of all time. The five of us left in June and spent the majority of time going all over the country before we would arrive at Blackmoor University. 

“You had another nightmare didn't you?” asked Tara. 

Even before the Woodsbury Legacy Murders, I was plagued with nightmares, so I, for once, was grateful I was in the car with the Carpetner sisters rather than the Meeks-Martin twins. Don’t get me wrong. I love Mindy and Chad, but… they don’t know how to handle the nightmares. They just stand there like a deer in the headlights.  

Before the Woodsbury Legacy Murders, it was Tara, Sidney, and Mark who helped me with my nightmares. Amber was also a help before shit hit the fan. However, things change. Amber’s dead. She literally got barbecued before Tara shot her in the head. 

“Was it that obvious?” I asked her. She didn’t have to answer, because I already knew it. 

“You want some more sleep? I’ll wake you up when we get there.” Sam told me. “Lord knows you need it.” 

I did not want Sama to be right, but unfortunately she was right. The first time I met Sam Carpenter was at the hospital after Tara got stabbed. The two of us kind of bonded over our love for Tara, Sam’s sister and the first person I got close to after the tragedy in my hometown of Elmory Hollow, and about our serial killer fathers. 

“If we’re going to get there in half an hour, I would rather not fall asleep now. Have you finished job hunting yet Sam? Still looking?” I asked her.

Sam Carpenter was only coming with us to New York City because she wanted to be as close as possible with the sister she left behind. The girl had been trying to find both a job or two to support the apartment that she and her sister would both share. However, for the time being, the two of them would be living in the RV before that would happen. 

The silence was all the answer I needed. 

It was surreal to think within the hour, I would be moving into my new dorm and meeting new people. I don’t like meeting new people. I had friends in Elmory Hollow who died. I moved to Woodsbury, California after Sidney took me in, made new friends, and only four of us are still standing with one of my former friends killing the ones that didn’t. 

Who knows?  A new friend might kill my new friends with an added twist thrown in. The last time it was a repeat with a twist thrown in. Hopefully, I can see the twist coming this time. Probably not, but I also want the twist to be that it did not happen.