You are my real spring

There was a boy by the bridge. With his hands gripping on the handlebars of his bike so hard that the knuckles were turning white, he stomped his way towards the end of the bridge, kicking pebbles out of his way, as if they were the ones who angered him. He was looking down, wanting to hide the blue eyes that had turned into an ocean of hot tears, although there was no one with him. It had always been like this: he was all alone on the path to his house, as well as on the path to his future.

When he was close to the end of the bridge, he stopped to let the wind dry his teary eyes and to enjoy the way it thread his hair. The breeze brought a lovely lavender smell to him, which was unfamiliar, because he was used to only smelling rose fragments from his mom. The smell became stronger and when he opened his eyes out of curiosity, a girl appeared in front of him. The first thing he noticed was her snow white hair, which reflected the hues of the sunset, making it seem like she was glowing, as if she was a pixie. The girl seemed like a mirage until she pulled out a napkin and offered it to him with a pure smile.

- You seem sad. - She said, her voice as clear as morning dew. - Is there anything I can do for you?

- Who are you?

- Rude! - The girl pouted as she playfully punched his arm. - I'm in the class that is right next to yours!

- Sorry, I don't really pay attention to my surroundings.

- But why are you crying though?

- I don't wanna tell.

- Why?

- Why do you wanna know? Even if we are in the same school, you're still a stranger to me.

- Because I need to use you as one of my pawns. - The girl straightforwardly said. - I need a competent mate for the up-coming prom that my parents are going to hold.

- Surely there are better people than me.

- Nuh-uh. I did my research. Although your popularity is not sky-high, but you're still on the top of our school right above me, and you come from one of the most prestigious households, it only makes sense that you became my date for the night.

- Can't your parents find one for you?

- I have to prove to them that I've grown up and can make my own rational decision! My dads coddle me too much.

- Dads? - He inquired.

- That doesn't matter! Why are you crying?

- What will you do if I refuse to answer? - The boy seemed to forget his own woe and turned to tease the girl.

- I won't let you go! - The girl said as she moved to block off his path, arms extended like a goalkeeper.

Seeing her determined expression, the boy couldn't help but chuckle, then chuckling turned to laughing, soon enough, he felt himself lighten up like a feather.

So you need a fake boyfriend, is that it?

Not really, but it's okay putting it like that I guess.

Great, because I needed a fake girlfriend too.

That's why you're crying?

It was out of pressure, okay? - He blushed as he justified himself. - Stop smiling like that!

It is decided then, my fake boyfriend! - She giggled and flipped her hair, which flashed violet hues.

They exchanged contacts and parted ways. The white haired girl came home to her dads waiting for her on the couch, or just her dad waiting for her, the other one asleep in his lap to be exact. He smiled warmly to welcome her home, hand still intertwined with his husband white locks, which looked similar to their daughter's. Ruffling her white hair, Reo asked her:

Where have you been? Seishiro has fallen asleep waiting for you. I was this close to go looking for you. - He said he pinched his thumb and index finger together.

I've found my date for the banquet, dad! - She proudly showed off. - But for your information, we're not really dating.

Fake dating? - Nagi had woken up, he adjusted his head on Reo's lap as he said.