{3rd person pov, serj tankian}

Serj and a boy called Jeremy were the last remaining people at the kitchen counter, the pair having mindless conversations while their eyes lingered on their friends and acquaintances that were scattered throughout the house drinking, dancing, and smoking.

There wasn't much to see, nothing special or out of the ordinary at the party which was almost a little boring. Serj's eyes quickly found themselves landing on the familiar body that stood out amongst the crowd, her long dark hair flowing along with her body's quick movements. It was hard for him to turn away- to redirect his eyes and focus back on his bland conversation with Jeremy, his dark eyes engaged with the view, his mind running.

He had just smoked a bowl with Jeremy, his brain still fuzzy and indulging in the high, his body still light and giddy.

It was hard to read what Serj may have been thinking. His expression remained straight and solemn, his left leg bouncing up and down as he chewed on his bottom lip, a nasty habit he had.

Serj lacked subtlety, Jeremy quickly catching onto him, tracing his line of vision and landing on the view he was seemingly mesmerized by. He noticed his expression and rolled his eyes, nudging Serj and meeting his curious eyes.

Jeremy didn't say anything at first, silence filling the air between them as music blared throughout the house. Serj looked guilty, as if he was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be- was he embarrassed? Ashamed?

It didn't matter. Jeremy remained silent and nodded his head over to the crowd before them. Serj's eyes quickly glanced back and forth between his friend's face and the crowd, taking a quick look as if he wasn't allowed to. His eyebrows furrowed, a small frown on his face.

"What?"

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "You should go to her."

"What?" Serj asked, his tone unconvincing.

"Oh, c'mon Serj."

"What?!"

"If you don't go after her, someone else will."

There was a pause between them, Serj pondering his words, feigning stupidity, pretending as if he didn't know what Jeremy was referring to and instead just turned back to the crowd to stare.

Except, Jeremy's stupid words kept lingering in his mind, echoing in his ears almost hauntingly. Serj let out a reluctant sigh, almost annoyed but not quite, and stepped off the kitchen counter. He straightened out his shirt and jeans, ready to make his way to the girl, Jeremy watching him intently. Except before he could even take a step forward, he saw that it was too late.

He watched as an average sized douchey looking blond guy approached her, his proximity to the girl closer than normal, his lips inches away from her ears. She shrugged, unbothered before returning to dancing for a few minutes, the guy joining her.

It was quick, unexpected, daring even, when the mystery guy hooked his fingers into her belt loops and gently pulled her in closer. Her back was pressed up against the dude's chest, the pair sensually dancing almost the way she'd been dancing with Daron except, this seemed a lot less playful.

This guy was bold, confident, twisted, as he kept leaning down and whispering things into her ears, the girl never responding. If only Serj could find out what was being said.

Serj took that as a sign to leave. He was sick of being in that stupid kitchen anyways.

He turned to head out the back door which led to the backyard, swinging it open and stepping out into the fresh air, ignoring the look Jeremy was giving him, the music that echoed through the house becoming muffled and the smell of pot becoming more distant as he stepped outside and shut the door.