𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

dove hadn't seen john b all day, it was worrying her. she decided to wait at the cameron's for him to get home, but he was nowhere to be found.

mary got home around midday with ward. when they got there, mary went straight to the room dove had been staying in.

"dovie? oh dovie, you're in here!" mary exclaimed.

dove looked over and stood up.

"mom? where's john b?" dove asked.

mary shook her head. "oh, dove. no."

"what? 'no'? what do you mean, 'no'?" dove questioned.

"he attacked ward then tried to attack me, but i stopped him and he escaped the boat on a jet skii. he...he was accusing ward of killin' big john and then...then he accused me of killin' rose and all sorts of things." mary explained.

dove started at her blankly.

"what?"

she wasn't really understanding what her mother was saying. john b would never attack them. unless it he was provoked.

and then it all made sense.

ward knew they found the royal merchant from mary because dove told her and she told ward. wad tried to get john b to talk and get him to tell him where the gold was. john b refused. then it was revealed ward was working with big john and became too greedy and killed him for the gold. they then fought and mary helped because mary hated john b and wants to get rid of him. then, mary killed rose to get rid of her so she could have ward to herself.

"oh my god." dove muttered.

"what, baby? what is it?" she asked.

"no. don't call me baby." dove shook her head.

she walked over to her and tried to grab her hands.

"don't touch me!" dove yelled and pushed her mother's hands away.

mary clenched her jaw and pushed dove back, then slapped her across the face.

dove let out a cry.

"i'm locking you in this room and you will not come out until i say you can come out! you hear me?" mary shouted.

dove shook her head. "no. i won't."

"oh yes you will."

mary then slammed the door shut and locked it from the outside. ward had given her the key. she knew this was going to happen.

dove rushed over to the door and banged on it.

"no! no, please. let me out!" dove screamed. "let me out, please!"

but no one was there to hear her screams and open the door.

🕊️

dove sat in bed crying all day until around ten at night when she heard something hit her window. she looked over and saw that it was john b knocking on her window.

she got up and went over to the window.

he tried saying something, but she couldn't hear.

she opened her mouth and shook her head. john b put his head down then picked it up.

he pressed his hand against the window and she did the same.

i'm sorry, john b mouthed.

she pressed her fingers to her lips then to the window. john b pursed his lips.