~2~

Fay

Wednesday 11/01/23 02:35pm

God I'm so bored. Usually I would try to hang out with Juliana or Max but I guess that's not happening. I have asked a few other people to hang out but they are all either on holidays still or at work.

I did want to visit my mums grave today but my dad said "No ones driving you three hours just to talk to someone that's not even there." I did offer to take the bus but apparently its 'too dangerous'.

The only kind of interesting thing that has happened since new years is when max showed up at my door wanting to 'explain' why he cheated.

I slammed the door in his face.

My dads new girlfriend also took me out shopping so I guess that was fun. She's really nice and I don't really have a reason to hate her considering she's not the one my dada cheated on my mum with.

She actually offered to drive me to go visit my mums grave today when I asked, but my dad said that she shouldn't be 'wasting her time on me' and should be 'doing something useful'.

Now she's off cleaning everything because 'that's the only thing women are useful for' according to my dad.

Yes, I know, he's a sexist cunt, but theres nothing I can do about it.

If I get kicked out of this house I have nowhere to go.

Why cant I have a good life? Why cant I be happy? Why does everyone have to try to make me so god damn miserable?

I'm done with this shit

---------------

Arlo

Friday 13/01/23 04:57am

They're yelling again.

I'm so sick of my parents fighting. I honestly just wish they would divorce.

I know its not going to happen though. We have to look like the 'perfect' family with no flaws. That's what happens when your dads the mayor.

They haven't always fought. They used to be the perfect couple and I wanted what they had. I wanted unconditional love from someone who's willing.

But then my sister, Lyra, died.

That's when everything changed.

My parents starting fighting, my parents started ignoring me unless they were telling me how disappointing and useless I am, and I got depressed.

Anxiety is something I've always struggled with but my sister would help calm me down when it got bad though. When she died I got depressed and my anxiety is worse than its ever been.

She's been dead for two years now and everything has just gotten worse.

I dont think anyone realised that she held this family together until she was gone.

My mum always blames herself for Lyra's death even though it wasn't her fault.

Lyra took her own life.

She was struggling and no one noticed.

She was too busy helping everyone else and making sure they were ok, she forgot to think about herself. Everyone else was too busy focusing on their lives to notice.

One night my dad and I went to watch a footy game while mum stayed home with Lyra. Lyra told mum she was going to study in her room. When mum went in there to see if she wanted some dinner she found her on the floor. She wasn't breathing or anything. She was completely lifeless.

My mum had been traumatised ever since.

It's not easy finding your daughter dead in her room.

My mum always says that if she had gone into her room earlier then maybe her daughter wouldn't be dead. She says that she should have known her daughter was dying under the same roof as her. but she couldn't have known.

Lyra hid everything so well. She always looked so happy and full of joy but she had been struggling for ages.

In the autopsy they found old self harm scars from years ago. They said she had obviously she had been thinking about doing this for awhile but something must have pushed her over the edge.

God I just want my sister back.

---------------

A/N

Word count: 676

at first I thought this was going to be a very short chapter but then Arlo's story ended up being longer so I guess that helps.

I just want to remind everyone to be aware of the people around them and check on them regularly. You never know when someone is struggling.

Anyway goodnight.