Hell's High Waters

Hell or High Waters
—————

"GET TO COVER!!"

Kerubi shoved Tragedemia out of the way, immediately hit with a charge by the massive beast, Duke Fishron, who hit with unbelievable force. His snout and body was wound taught with power, her scales barely scratching his skin on contact.

'He's...much more powerful than those Gods!'

She flew back, hitting the opposite of the deck and slamming straight through it, getting catapulted into the waters below, the Fish beast flying past everyone else and diving in after her. The Duke opened his jaws to bite her and crush her to paste, Kerubi planting a foot on his lower jaw as she grabbed hold of his upper, keeping his mouth open and away from her body.

Opening her mouth, she released a torrent of flames into his mouth, the Duke immediately pulling back and launching her from his mouth by the force. The flames died out quick in the water, burning for a few moments longe before fading away and revealing his tongue to be burnt to near ash.

Kerubi managed a smile, before realizing something significant: She wasn't floating up. Her eyes widened in fear as she realized she was far to heavy to attain natural buoyancy, and that all came crashing down on her.

She didn't know how to swim.

'Oh Fuck!' She clawed at the water, kicking her feet as she tried desperatly to climb to the surface, now beginning to feel her lungs burn as the lack of Oxygen was getting to her.

The rush of water hit her ears, just as the Duke did the same, flinging her through the water and sending her much closer to the surface, where she only managed to extend one hand out before sinking under once more. Her eyes looked to the depths, the Duke underneath her again with a clear and shiny foam forming in his mouth, something dangerous.

She felt another hand grasp her own, before she was yanked from the water by Astraea, who was standing on a white platform made of Stardust. "Do you seriously not know how to swim?!"

"I'm heavy woman! Shut up!"

Astraea's gaze looked down again, sensing danger as dozens of bubbles the size of them floated out from under the waves, magically flying towards them. She clicked her tongue in annoyance, pointing out a hand as small pinpricks of light appeared on their ends, power gathering in dense quantities.

"Feel the wrath of a God!" Her fingers shot lasers at a rapid rate, piercing and detonating the bubbles before they had the chance to hit either of them.

That relief lasted for only a short while, as the beast flew out of the water with his mouth open to bite down and possibly sever Astraea's arm. Kerubi raised a hand, pulling Astraea back as she stepped forward, quickly breathing on her hand to coat it in her Inferno.

The results were to be expected.

WHAM!!

The power of the flame and her punch exploded out, literally, as the Duke's momentum redirected it from the two of them into the water, skidding across it for a pace before sinking under. Astraea stared at Kerubi's back, the purple worm breathing somewhat heavily from the lack of air.

"Looks like we're even now..."

"Hmph...I had it handled."

"Sure you did." Kerubi smiled, looking back for a moment to show it before hearing the Duke splash out of the water again.

He turned to roar at them, before a cannonball slammed into his side, doing little more than irritate him. The two Worms' eyes went to the ship, seeing Captain Novis with much of his men there, all on different weapons.