Set me free | JJK ANGST

I sighed, sitting on the wooden bench in front of the piano. I began to play my fingers against the keys. A song I remembered by heart, the same tune I'd heard him hum before.

I felt an ache in my heart remembering him.

Me and Jungkook started dating in our sophomore year of high school and had been together until a few months ago.

I was a senior in college now.

I remember all of our dates at cafes, amusement parks, and arcade places. He had been training to be a kpop idol, and I supported him all the way. He finally got into a group two years ago and they debuted. His members were some of the sweetest men I've ever met, and even when they became popular, it never faded me and Jungkook's love for each other.

Although, at some point, he became more quiet. He'd come home later, more exhausted, and he'd miss meals. I started getting worried about him, and tried convincing him to take a break.

That only led to an argument, then it was continuous fighting. And it broke my heart every time. I knew he never meant what he said, it still hurt though.

I wish I had given him more space and stopped nagging him.

Maybe then he would still be here.

Still with me, going on dates to the cafe, amusement park, and arcade areas. Maybe we'd be taking a walk in the park right now, holding hands, with me giggling at some stupid joke he made.

Or maybe he'd have proposed to me by now and I'd be calling him my fiancé. Maybe we'd be at home right now, watching Disney movies that make me cry.

Maybe we'd be in our bedroom, snuggled up in bed, me breathing in his vanilla scent and enveloping myself in his warmth. Maybe we'd be kissing, his lips becoming a drug I couldn't break from. Maybe he'd be making love to me so gently and sweetly.

Maybe we'd be at dinner with his members, celebrating them winning No.1 on Billboard Hot 100. Maybe I'd be watching him perform with his angelic vocals and graceful movements.

I wouldn't be missing him now with an ache in my heart. A hole in my soul. I hadn't realized I'd stopped playing the piano and tears slipped from my eyes onto the keys.

I looked at the picture frame laying on the piano.

I began to sob.

If I could change everything I did then, maybe he wouldn't have killed himself. He'd still be here smiling.