002

Today in the studio dragged on a little slow, Sonny stared at the notebook that lied open on his lap for the past thirty minutes

Today in the studio dragged on a little slow, Sonny stared at the notebook that lied open on his lap for the past thirty minutes. Nothing came to mind at all, the blank paper only stared back at him as he brought his pen up to it as if he was about to write something down. Ultimately nothing was inked down on the paper, he needed a blunt, to get high. All his greatest hits were somehow written while he was anything but sober so he assumed that a wood would help his brain-fog.

A bag of weed sat up on the coffee table, Sonny grabbed the bulging bag, tearing open the plastic covering.

Just then, the unlocking of the door adjacent to the couch which he sat could be heard before someone stepped inside. Nigel's familiar face made Sonny look up from his current actions, "Wassup Hernando."

"Heyy man. Look I gotta talk to 'ya."

He scooted over some to leave room for his producer as he made his way towards the couch. His eyes low, but eyebrows cocked in anticipation as to what Nigel has to say.

"So we going live tonight at "Jose's Joint", and we need you to make sure you're all prepared. We'll be on our way around 10 'aight?"

"Now Nigel you know damn well ion like preforming that late like that." The rapper dismissed before looking back towards his unfinished blunt.

"Look I know man, but they paying extra special for you to be there-"

A groan in denial cut the other man off, Sonny was stubborn about the times he'd go out to preform for people. His completed backwood was brought to his mouth, as he ignited his lighter in front of it.

"I said no Nigel, I definitely wouldn't have the energy for no big ass concert at a club man. I already got a whole album to have out in three months. I'm a lil busy right now."

An exaggerated sigh escaped Nigel's mouth as he pouted, folding the invitation papers up. "If you say so. You still wanna go over there later on tonight with me and the boys?"

"Sure I guess as long as y'all ain't planing on going late as hell at night." He rolled his eyes, taking a drag from his blunt.

"Don't worry we won't, you just be ready I'll just text you."

"Mkay."

Nigel dapped him up right before taking his leave, to leave Sonny once again, alone. The rapper leaned his back up against the plushness of the couch, throwing his other arm around the back, relaxing deeper into the position. His blunt sat in between his lips as gazed lazily at the still blank notebook lying on the table.

Hell...

"Them niggas done killed Roomie AND Miles mane!" Kudda, pissed as ever, walked circles into the basketball court Lean and him would always discuss business at. "Why don't we just go over there our damn selves and finish them hoes off already!"