Chapter 3

Mydrah felt silly that she had forgotten the real reason the prince was there and here he was on one knee asking for her hand. She sat there shocked and completely forgot how to speak English for a few moments. She grinned happily, dreaming of the potential life with him, away from her dreaded mother with all of the things he could provide. It was paradise and he was handing her the key.

"The honor is mine- please, yes, take me as your wife-!" she finally mustered out a wide grin. Rowan could feel the rays of sunshine from her tickle him inside and out. How peculiar her emotions were influencing him so.

As the joy that sparked in her eyes agreed before the yes had left her lips, though, and Rowan inhaled the first breath of his fresh future that held the sweetness of her acceptance. Every fiber of his being was alight, his heart full to bursting.

Everything was so perfect at that moment he nearly kissed her

"Nicely done, like a true romantic," The king of Solaer walked into the garden and to the corner the two were placed across from each other, "sounds like operations are in order, and I shall notify your father of the arrangement," Kain winked at Rowan and smiled a proud father smile at Mydrah,
"You've grown up a fine young lady, I know you both are destined for greatness. You have my blessing," he beamed.

Mydrah was completely taken aback to see her father's face between her and Rowan, causing her to blush in embarrassment. Yet despite her surprise, she couldn't help but give a small, contented smile up to her father. His expression of love melted her heart as he leaned in to kiss her on the forehead in approval of her engagement.

Of course, they had been spied on. Rowan knew better than to think otherwise. It didn't matter, really, for the sake of tradition and the preserving of their reputation and all of that other very important nonsense his father, King Stormveil loved to prattle on about. All that mattered was the warmth radiating from his future Queen and straight into him. The joy he felt as he stood and faced his soon-to-be father-in-law.

Grinning a bit sheepishly, he still held fast to Mydrah's hand as though afraid this was a dream and she was the only thing keeping him tethered to it. "Thank you, your majesty. Your daughter is so very lovely. I am honored that she accepted my offer."

"Shall we host a gala? I think tomorrow night is a great time to announce your betrothal,"

And just like that he was being clapped on the shoulder by his future father-in-law and he could see his father off in the distance giving a nod of approval. He knew that this was the moment he had been waiting for, the moment of his proposal to her and the start of their life together. Rowan was well aware that his journey to marry Mydrah would not be a simple one. As a royal, everything had to be done in a certain way, and it would require a tedious process of engagement and preparations for a gala. He was overwhelmed by the thought of it all and wished he could simply have her without all the fuss. For him, the only thing that mattered was being with her.

But all the same, he smiled and nodded and agreed to it, never straying too far from his betrothed as they accepted their congratulations and began speaking of the gala. It was over the top and not nearly big enough for a celebration of how happy he felt.

The future was perfect, beautiful, and full of Her. Full of them.

Everything in the universe was just the way it should be and Rowan felt like nothing could ever go wrong. Come war, peace, or whatever lies in between, it would all be taken in stride so long as he had Mydrah by his side.

*

On a different note, in a different kingdom, we find a different princess, one of the dark kingdom of Temnia. Zeltha was born from her father and one of his many mistresses. Raised without love and treated as a tool, Zeltha grew up with a cold and calculating heart, unable to comprehend the value of human emotions. She had no capacity for love and instead chose to survive off her own unyielding ego, allowing her to thrive in the darkness of the kingdom