Why did you choose him? Why did you leave me?

Hopper found Joyce sad in their bedroom. What happened ? he asked worriedly. I thought about what once happened between us when we were young. He came closer to her. I too have thought about it many times. I was wondering why you chose him over me? he asked, sitting down next to her. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. Maybe because you left. Why did you leave me? Hop I missed you. I wanted to have you with me and you left me, you went away. I'm sorry I loved you but I felt so alone. Lonnie showed up and... I'm sorry, she said in tears, covering her face. Hopper placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him. Joyce, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking right back then. I didn't mean to hurt you. I left because I wanted to prove to my father that I wasn't a coward. I loved you and the whole time I was there I thought about you.Hopper also had tears in his eyes. And when I came back and saw you with Lonnie, I was furious and sad. I was also afraid for you because I knew what he was like and I didn't want him to hurt you. My heart broke I loved you so much and then Diane came along and Sarah was born and I thought this was what my life was going to be like. I thought I'd watch her grow up, go to college... and suddenly she got sick. Me and Diane were devastated but we believed she would make it, and when she died my world collapsed. He started to cry and Joyce hugged him tight. He cried in her arms. Then Diane left me and I was left alone. It's all my fault Joyce. She suffered so much because of me, and I will never forgive myself for that. And then you and El came back into my life. I never really stopped loving you, but I fell in love with you even more when I saw you in my office. Joyce placed her hand on his cheek. Jim, stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault. You were and are a wonderful man and father. If you had not believed me and helped me, my Will would have disappeared. I wouldn't find him, he would die there. Hopper stroked Joyce's cheek. Joyce, I don't want you and El to suffer because of me. I can only destroy, I'm cursed. Maybe Lonnie wasn't good to you, but neither was I. Sorry. Joyce looked deep into his eyes. Sorry. I wish I had chosen him over you then. He was a terrible father and husband, and you are someone I want to be with for the rest of my life. I love you so much. We both made mistakes once, but we were young. Please don't blame yourself for Sara's death. You are a great father to El and you have always been an authority to my boys. Let's not think about the past anymore. Let's focus on what is now. Hopper looked at Joyce. When you and El came into my life, I started feeling something again. I wanted a family again. Joyce kissed him on the cheek. Hop, I have to tell you something. I blame myself for Bob's death. I think I could have done something then, but I was afraid. Hopper took her hands in his. Joyce, you couldn't do anything then. The Demogorgon would have killed you too, and later in Russia you saved me twice. I thank you for that. I love you. Hop, I'm sorry, I shouldn't dwell on the past, but then again, maybe we needed this conversation? But the most important thing is that we are now and always will be a family. Hopper pressed his forehead against hers, then leaned in and kissed her on the lips. They pulled apart, and then Joyce continued the kiss. They kissed with great desperation, with tears in their eyes. She sat on his lap and put her legs between his hips. She helped him take off his shirt and he took off her blouse. They didn't break the kiss. Hopper got up, laid her on the bed and took off her pants, then hers. Now they're only in underwear. Hopper started kissing her belly until he was on her bra, undid it and pulled it off her, then started kissing her breasts. She sighed. She liked it. He smiled at her, and she at him. She took off her panties and he took off his boxers. Then they started kissing again. They had very tender sex. Then they cuddled for a while more and fell asleep hugging tightly.