The last thing she would be able to recall were the cries of her newborn baby sister while the little girl went up in flames.
____________________________________

It was a sunny friday afternoon.
You wouldn't think something weird of it.

"Dorothy," she hears her mother call. "Yeah?" She answered. "Can you come here for a second? I want to show you something." Her mother says as she gestures for her to sit down next to her.

Dorothy, actually named dorothea, sat down next to her mother. "What is it?" She asked curiously. Her mother looks at her and lays her hands on her stomach. There was a small lump. That could only mean one thing..

Dorothea will be robbed of the title;'only child'. She looks at her mother. "..mom?" She says carefully. "That's not a baby in there.. right?" Her mother looks at her, her eyes shining. "You will get a baby sibling, isn't that fun?" She asks sweetly. "I don't want a sibling." Dorothea simply answered.

Her mother frowns. "Do you even know how hard I tried to get pregnant again?" She asks. Dorothea raises one of her eyebrows at her mother. "It does take dad a long time to get hard for you. Are you sure this child is yours?" She says. Her mother looks surprised as she says this. "Well- ofcourse its mine. It's in my stomach, you know" she says.
Dorothea looks at her. "Then get it out"

Her mother raises her eyebrows.
"Excuse me?" She says, feeling dissatisfied. "You heard me, I do not want a baby sibling." She repeats. Her mother frowns. "Go to your room" she says. Dorothea just shrugs and gets up. "I hope you get a miscarriage." She mumbles and walks out of the living room.