The Marriage Contract

My thoughts seem to be everlasting at this current moment. I tired multiple of times to remove myself from the hallway but my mind is keeping me rooted into one spot.

A part of me wishes that my grandmother was joking and she was going to call me back in the room to tell me April Fools (even though it's June) but no such luck came.

I took a deep breath after a good 15 mintues before I squared my shoulders and headed for the elevator. I always do this to try and give myself the confident boost I need to handle things.

I made my way to the end of the hallway where the elevator connects to each floor. My grandmother knew when this house was being build, that she didn't want to be climbing stairs in her later years. So she made sure that an elevator was in the blue print.

I press the "E" shaped button for the elevator to come to my floor. I walked inside and press the roman numeral three. There are three floors all together. The one that resides in the basement contains all the extracurricular activities.

Once the elevator opened up to the floor, I walked down the hallway to the fourth door that consists of the aromatherapy room. I was praying that Brooklyn was still in here cause I don't think l'm in a good enough headspace for a search.

When I walked in the smell of lavendar and mint overpower my senses and I felt a much needed calm past through me.

The aromatherapy room reminds me of a sauna room.

It's not as hot as one but the heat is elevated more than an average room. The room was surronded in dim lighting along the walls. My grandmother had the room design with a mural of a waterfall painted on the back wall and the floors was a smooth coffee brown obsidian marble.

There are various sounds(waterfall, rain, piano music, and Jhené Aiko) playing throughout the day on the speaker thats built into the floor

There are various sounds(waterfall, rain, piano music, and Jhené Aiko) playing throughout the day on the speaker thats built into the floor. Everything about this room screamed calmness.

I saw B in the corner with her eyes closed and headphones in. She looked so relaxed and I didn't want to bother her just in case she had a long night with my grandmother but just as I turned to leave, her eyes popped open.

"Hey" she says while taking her headphones out, "How did the talk go with Ms. Ava?"

My face must have looked so distraught because before I could even think on how to describe exactly how I'm feeling, she already had her arms open beckoning me in for a hug.

Which I gladly melt into.

Than the tears started. She patted my back evenly while she waited for me to get myself together.

I feel like I fall apart in B arms once a week but she never judges me for it. She just holds me until I can hold myself up again.

Once she heard me sniffle she knew I was done collecting myself, "Nagi tell me what's on your mind."