chapter 6

it was a sunny morning, birds chirping outside. The alarm went off at 6 a.m. , and Mei's been trying to concentrate on what to say during the interview.
it was currently 8:30 a.m., and Mei's been into the bathroom for more than 35 minutes now.

"Today's gonna be perfect!" she said to herself, looking at her reflection on the mirror.
after blow drying her hair and applying lotions and perfume, she came outside to find a nice outfit in her wardrobe.
it took her exact 10 minutes to decide on a perfect outfit for today. It was a light beige trouser with a dusty rose pink satin shirt tucked inside, covering with a blazer that matched the color tone of the trouser.
after putting on her clothes, she quickly did her hair and makeup. It was light and natural, a formal one.

she sat on her desk to check her laptop for some information about the interview again. this interview was slightly different from the other since the last ones were mostly for business management, but this time it was for the entertainment industry, which she had very few ideas about.

looking at the clock, she started packing her papers inside her bag. it was almost 9 o'clock in the morning, and the interview was supposed to start in 1 and a half hours. she had to meet Chiyo in a nearby cafe for breakfast, after which she promised that she'd drop her to the interview venue.

the car ride after breakfast was not very quiet, which was obviously not helping with Mei's anxiety, Chiyo kept telling her to stay calm, which didn't seem to work very much for her.

"I feel like my brain will explode, trying to remember all that stuff you told me, i don't want to fail this one too" Mei said, looking straight with no expression seen on her face.

"gurl, seriously. seriously. for once, please try taking things not too seriously.. be calm and straightforward. It's gonna be great!" Chiyo tightly grabbed the steering wheel.

"Shut the fuck up, please. your words are not helping at all."

"Duh.."

pulling up in the parking lot of the building, Mei looked outside. the building was big.

"we're here earlier than your given time. Good thing traffic was moderate. let's go outside!" Chiyo excitedly said, un-buckling her seat belt and turning off the engine.

"Hmm, let's go. I hope i don't fuck it up this time.." Mei opened the car door.

"Girl, seriously? cheer the fuck up, man." Chiyo rolled her eyes as if she was so done with her words.

they both started walking to the entrance of the building.
"So, the agency's name is decade.. I've seen it's Twitter account before, and they have plenty of famous people in the company. oh my god, Mei! you're gonna be famous!!" Chiyo squealed.

"Don't talk nonsense, Chiyo. also don't jump like a kid, people are watching and I'm not even sure if I'll get this job or not." Mei kept walking straight.

Chiyo rolled her eyes in response.

they both were now at the entrance. It was pretty big inside. There were people around, which made Mei a bit nervous about the situation.

"Okay, so I'm gonna go now, and you have about like 30 minutes till the interview, so don't get stressed, and breathe. everything is going to be great, so good luck! I'll come pick you up for lunch, so just give me a call, okay?" Chiyo wished her luck.

Mei nodded her a thank you. with a smile, she waved a goodbye and went inside the building. walking to the receptionist, she looked around the building. The interior was nice, although it was just the front of the building.

she quickly checked up at the reception desk and filled up all the files that needed, and got an instruction to wait at the waiting area near the cafeteria at the front.