Gyuhao~Part 1

Main Lead- Kim Mingyu and Xu Minghao

---------

Mingyu thinks that everything is fine. if fine means having slept for two hours the past forty-eight hours because minghao is upset.there is one thing that he also should know that day. and that is minghao is taking no shits from him. not this time at least. he has had enough.

and mingyu wakes up that day feeling the heavy sense of dread that started in his stomach and spread throughout the tips of his fingers and toes."you should have texted at the very least," minghao keeps telling him whenever mingyu tries to open his mouth to explain. he is quick to shut him down and mingyu feels frustrated every single time.if one were to ask mingyu, his favorite things about minghao (yes, plural) are his habits. things that people don't really pay attention to but.

he does mainly how minghao blatantly lies about hating mingyu every single time he can and he is given the opportunity to, only to be the one to hug him the tightest when he misses him.

and therefore, with the knowledge and experience he has obtained throughout the years, he concludes that minghao is very, very upset. something feels different. and that is precisely what drives mingyu insane.

it's different this time, he confirms, when he steps outside of his room and sees minghao that morning.free time after their concert usually means that everyone is asleep. he wakes up early to prepare food, mostly. people might think that jeonghan is the mom of the group but he likes to think that they both are.

jeonghan takes cares of the kids and he takes care of cleaning the house, feeding them and...everything else jeonghan isn't too keen on doing.he finds kimchi, eggs, two packs of udon noodles and frozen katsu. hardly enough to feed thirteen starving and exhausted teens, so he fishes his phone from his pocket and calls their manager to do some grocery shopping.knowing that their manager will take at least half an hour to arrive to the dorm, he starts cooking a meal using the ingredients he collected.

they were enough to serve as an entré before a full course meal, he thinks.in the middle of taking out the udon noodles from its packet to put it in the boiling water, he suddenly hears heavy footsteps pad towards the kitchen. a curious member has been roused awake, most certainly because of the scent of food."morning," mingyu greets as his lips leave the ladle he used to taste the broth, turning around to look at who it is.minghao response is a curt nod and mingyu feels his stomach turn again. dread spreads quick to every part of his body and he struggles to keep himself chill.oblivious (probably due to sleep) to mingyu's obvious distress, minghao starts rummaging through the fridge, sighing when he finds nothing edible other than greek yoghurt.

he takes this out of the fridge and walks towards where mingyu is. mingyu stiffens as he nears, but minghao simply takes a spoon from the drawer without even speaking to him.using this time, he takes note of minghao's sleepy state.

his hair sticks out in all the wrong places, his tossing and turning that night causing his shirt to crumple and his cheeks had small lines from burying his cheek against his pillow. there is always the urge to fix his (or anyone's, really) hair or find comb to make the job easier. but he resists. because it is definitsly a bad time to act normal.

he feels a sinking feeling in his stomach when he thinks that...what if things will never go back to normal?minghao disappears to the living room and it is only then that mingyu lets out the breath he had been holding. he goes back to cooking then, cracking open the eggs while chewing on his bottom lip.the silence is heavy and it suffocates him. though the sounds of snoring and his udon noodles' bubbling cuts through it. he doesn't find the atmosphere any less unpleasant, however.