VIII

Goods POV:

I woke up on the soft cushioned bed.
I sat up looking around at my surroundings. Jef lay on the couch, asleep still. I am glad he is safe and not vulnerable in the warped forest of the Ice kingdom.

I sat up in my bed, pushing myself up and off the bed and onto the floor.
Today I would meet up with Ant, Velvet, Jack, and Nikki at the waterfall to discuss a plan to defeat Quackity and Jschlatt.

I left the room, closing the door gently, trying not to wake the other up.
I walked down the hall, the red carpet underneath me silencing my steps.

I saw Ant, Velvet, Napsap, and Minx already at the dining table. They were talking. Ant turned his head towards me, bringing up his hand to wave at me.

I waved back, heading to the table they sat at.
I sat down on a chair that would allow me to face them.

"Jef came to my window last night," I say.

"Who's Jef?" Ant asked.
"Jef is the Pumpkin prince, but call him Jeffrey. I want to tease him a bit," I replied.

"Ohh, okay, that makes a little more sense," Ant said.

"How did he know where you were?" Velvet asked.

"Apparently every kingdom has a specific scent and I guess the Pumpkin kingdom was the only ones that were taught the scents, so he literally just followed my scent," I answered.

"Oh, well it's good he isn't as close as he was before to Quackity and Jschlatt, "Ant added.

"Ya, I guess," I replied.

"It's 10:00 am right now so we have two hours until we have to meet Jack and Nikki. Are you hungry?" Ant asked me.

"Yea, what do you guys have?" I asked.

"Pancakes, french toast, waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast, and more," Ant listed.

"Is toast with jam alright?" I questioned.

Ant nodded before getting up and heading to the kitchen.
He went up to the chef and requested a toast with jam.

"Blueberry or strawberry?" he asked, turning to me.
The chef and him looked at me waiting for my response.

"Blueberry is fine," I replied.

The chef then turned around and grabbed a bag of bread.
The chef took two slices of bread out and put them in the toaster.

Ant came back to the table and sat back down in his chair.
We talked for a bit until I heard a ding.

I looked back at the chef who now had the two pieces of bread on a plate as they spread blueberry jam on them.

A minute passed before the chef brought me two pieces of toast with blueberry jam.

Me, Ant, Velvet, Minx, and Napsap talked whilst I ate my breakfast.

I ate the first toast but I hesitated to eat the second.
I wasn't full though.

"Are you full?" Velvet asked.

"No, I just want to give this toast to Jef since we won't be here. Plus, the guards didn't see him enter so they might see him as an intruder. Also, they don't even know there is a Pumpkin citizen left," I responded.

"Good point. It's 11:24, so we should start going, go give him the toast before we leave," Velvet said.

I got up with the plate in my hands, heading to my room. I opened the door slowly, peeking inside to see if Jef was awake.

Jef sat on the couch, his legs swinging around.
He seemed to know that he should probably stay inside the room since the guards hadn't seen him enter the palace.

Seeing that he was awake, I opened the door all the way.
Jef looked up at me, sensing the motion of the door.

"Hey, I brought you breakfast," I say, going up to him and handing him the plate.

"Thank you!" he says with a squeaky voice.

"You're welcome, I'll be back. Me, Ant, Velvet, Minx, and Sapnap are going to meet with Jack and Nikki at the waterfall to discuss some things," I told him.

"Is your voice always that squeaky?" I asked. "Not always, just in the morning, sometimes," Jef replied. "Alright, . . . we'll be back soon."

"Alright, cya later, Good!" Jef said.

"Bye, Jeffrey!" I said before leaving the room, closing the door behind me.
"Hey!" I heard Jef exclaim in my room. I chuckled.

With that, we headed to the waterfall. We arrived at about 12:03 pm. "They should be here soon," Ant said. All of the sudden, I heard someone clear their throat from behind us. I swiftly turned around to see who made the noise.

It was Jack and Nikki.

"Oh, hello Nikki and Jack. Are we late?" I asked with a bow. "No, you are just on time," Nikki said with a smile. We sat down on a wooden bench in front of the waterfall.

"So what's the plan?" Nikki asked. "We aren't sure yet," Ant said. "Maybe we can bribe them with Mcdonalds or something," Sapnap suggested. I laughed before saying, "I don't think that'll work."

"Should we kill them?" Velvet asked.

"No, killing them is not the right thing to do. They may have been rude to us in the past but that doesn't mean we should follow their ways," I replied. "Good point," Velvet replied.

"How about we attack them when they least expect it and put them in the dungeon?" Minx added. "That's actually not a bad idea," Jack said. "We'll do that then. Tomorrow, 6:00 pm sharp," Nikki said.

"Alright then, we have a plan," Ant declared.

-

Word count:936