Ruthless businessman

Choi Yuqi looked at her watch and realized that it was already lunchtime. According to Lee Jongin, he will be seeing Roseanne today at lunch. Moreover, Lee Jongin also asked for some paparazzi to secretly take pictures of them eating together to create a few rumors. He was sure that this would eventually divert the public's attention towards Roseanne and him.

Of course, they had no idea that Roseanne had already foreseen the occurrence of this 'accidental' meeting. It was not a guess, but something that she concluded after learning that Mr. Wang, Lee Jongin's uncle, had scheduled for a lunch meeting today. They've already signed the contract, so Roseanne did not see any other reason for Mr. Wang to contact her as she'd already put Mr. Ren in charge of this project.

"President Park... I..." Lee Jongin's eyes widened as he looked at Roseanne, who was sitting next to Park Jimin. He'd just arrived at the private restaurant in a good mood as he thought that his plan would succeed this time. Who would have thought that Park Jimin would accompany Roseanne today?

"Mr. Lee? I was not expecting you here. Is this another coincidence?" Roseanne smiled at him.

"Oh. I am here on behalf of my uncle," he said, as his expression returned to its usual coldness. He never expected Park Jimin's presence but this did not mean that he would fail. "I was not expecting that you would bring another person here. This was supposed to be a private meeting," he said, his fingers tightening on the bouquet of flowers in his hand.

Roseanne feigned ignorance, "Really? I thought this was a celebration for the successful signing of the contract?" Before she could utter another word, Park Jimin had already butted in.

"It is pretty normal for businessmen to bring other businessmen to celebrations like this. This is to broaden our network as we interact with one another, so it's pretty normal for my wife to bring me along," Park Jimin said in a cold tone. "Since you are already here, come... sit down so we can start the celebration."

"Ah... I actually pity this CEO Choi of the Choi Group," Roseanne smiled at Park Jimin as she watched him pour red wine into her glass. "How could she have the guts to try and go against you and Park Capital? I think she is a bit dumb, no?"

"Stop talking about insignificant people," Park Jimin said, his gaze fixed on Lee Jongin. He gave him a cold smile before adding, "But I do agree, she is indeed very dumb."

"That is true. I wonder if her business will last very long after this?" Roseanne mused, her gaze landing on the food in front of them. Since Lee Jongin arrived, Roseanne had not looked at the man once. This made him even more irritated but he could only grit his teeth in silence.

"It won't," Park Jimin answered. "Why don't we talk about Mr. Lee instead? I wonder why Mr. Wang was not able to come?"

"He had a last minute emergency," Lee Jongin answered, his face devoid of any expression. On the inside, however, Lee Jongin began to feel a little uncomfortable. Park Jimin was calmly looking at him, however, he didn't miss the latter's provoking smile when he agreed that Choi Yuqi is dumb. He instantly wondered if Park Jimin knows that Choi Yuqi is working for him.

"That is too unfortunate," Park Jimin noted. "I originally came here to talk about making some investments, but I guess this opportunity is not for Mr. Wang after all."

"It's okay. Why don't you invest in my company instead? I can assure you good profits and some other... advantages," Roseanne playfully winked at her husband, still ignoring Lee Jongin.

"Oh... that is a very good idea indeed. We should discuss this further, perhaps later, over a glass of wine?"

"Perfect idea. I want your Cheval Blanc."