Chapter 4-

Vanna's POV

I couldn't lie to myself, He was pretty cute. I'm not the dating type though and i knew that even if we were friends it wouldnt last long considering the fact that I'm only ever back in magnolia every six months or so.

As i neared the guild hall i was stopped by a familiar voice "Miss Vanna Jude"I heard the voice call, I turned around to see Master Makarov, sitting by himself on a bench, he patted the spot next to him and urged me to come sit down, I nodded and did as expected, he sighed happily and looked up at the clear blue sky "We have all missed you lately."He started, I shook my head in confusion "Half of the guild doesnt even know me." I said, my normally monotone voice had dropped to one of almost sadness.

"That can change if you open your heart to them." He said casually, I scoffed and stood up "What is with everyone? First Mira is trying to set me up with a thunder goon and now you?" I snapped, Catching Master off guard for a moment, he chuckled and waved his hand, motioning for me to settle down once more "You are so young. I want to see all my children happy, If that means a bit of force is involved then so be it." He joked, I stood silent, unconvinced of his words "I'm not interested." I stated coldly. "In what? Having friends? Whether you believe it or not, you have a friend in every member of this guild." He said, Causing me to gulp as he spoke, realizing he was probably right.

"Im not sure what you keep running from, Vanna but I think its time to let your guard down a bit." He said, ending the conversation, I simply nodded and patted his shoulder "Thank you, Master." I said before turning and walking into the guild hall.

_________________

Bickslows POV

I retuned to the guild hall a few hours later, having done some training of my own after my interaction with Vanna.

When i stepped inside i looked around and saw Fried and Laxus still sat at the bar, Evergreen had made her way over to Elfman.

I sat at the bar and looked around the room, obviously searching for someone "She went to her room an hour ago." Laxus said, never looking up but seeing me out of the corner of his eye. I pretended to be confused by his words, having too much pride to admit my growing crush.

I glanced at Mira, her demeanor showing excitement and happiness "Will you quit playing match maker?"Laxus asked her, she gasped and put her hands on her hips angrily "There is nothing else to do around here! I might as well!" She defended, I sighed and put my head down on the counter.

"Whats the matter, Bickslow?"Fried asked, his voice full of concern. I shook my head in response and kept my head down "She's so outta my league." I complained, closing my eyes for a while and feeling Laxus pat my back a few times. "Impossible! We are the thunder legion! Women should be bowing at our feet!"Fried exclaimed, earning a few groans from everyone including Mira Jane.

Just when i finally lifted my head, I felt Mira tap my shoulder and point towards the upstairs balcony, seeing Vanna making her way back downstairs and walking to to the bar a few seats away from us, glancing at me for a split second.
_____________________

Vannas POV

As I sat down on the stool, I glanced up at the bodies to my side, seeing the knight from earlier watching me out of the slits in his mask, I turned my attention to Mira as she walked up to me "I didn't think I'd see you for the rest of the day!"she exclaimed in surprise, I shrugged and placed my elbows on the table, supporting my chin in my palms "Just a water." I said, just loud enough for her to hear me. She brought me a glass of water and refused the money i slid over "Its on the house." She said, turning her attention back to blonde lightning wizard who seemed to absolutely captivate her.

I sat in silence and sipped from my water as I looked around at the bustling guild hall, they certainly are a rowdy bunch.

"You left this." I heard from my side, I snapped my attention to Bickslow who stood beside me, I looked down at what he held in his hands- the dagger i had thrown when we had ended our interaction earlier, I looked back up at him and cracked a small smirk "Im surprised you didnt just take it." I admitted as I grabbed it from his hand. Looking it over quickly before returning it to my pocket. "Steal? Not my mojo." He said with a chuckle, taking the seat next to mine and leaning back against the counter "Besides, never know when you'll need it." He said with a chuckle, I rolled my eyes and looked out at the rowdy bunch of wizards.

Suddenly there was a huge crash outside, causing the floor to shake, I jumped up from my chair and narrowed my eyes "Whats going on?" Mira Jane asked in fear as she held onto the counter, it felt like a huge earthquake had just hit but the loud crashing and stomping outside continued. I sighed and looked  around at everyone.

Suddenly the mind reader, Warren, Ran inside and tried to catch his breath "There is a monster out there! Some kind of creature!" He yelled as he ran to duck for safety.

I saw that Bickslow already had his mask on and Evergreen was standing with them, when Laxus got up, they looked as if they were preparing to go fight.

I sighed and pulled the turtleneck of my shirt up to my nose and pulled the hood of my cape up over my head. glancing at the team before making a dash for the door.