Relief

Warning: features mentions of blood, death, gunshots, gore(?) all in all, just tons of angst. Also, you may cry... Also, please let me know if I had incorrectly written something, I'm still learning -_-'

The morning sun shined over the horizons as the birds sang to their hearts content as a small crowd of workers awoke and started their work towards the mines, i let out a low sleepy growl as once the sun shined upon my face, irritating me into waking up.

I let out a yawn before shaking the dusk out of my fur before stepping onto the wooden steps of the small homes that were built near the mines for workers and any travelers that may need temporary accomodations, such as those weird white masters who seem to talk oddly than the others. (Sorry if that offends anyone, tried to write it slightly in hunter's perspective)

I walked towards the door were my master lay unconscious since yesterday, i whine and paw at the wooden door before letting out a low growl, hackles raised from irritation.

'is he alright? Are they hurting him? What's taking so long? Was it that bad?'

This thoughts ran through my mind and made me all the more irritated and fear bubbled in the pit on of my stomach, i let out a growl before barking and pawing at the door.

I let out Yelp once a miner came from out of his house before yelling at me to back off, i run towards the horse before standing beside her, dawn let out a scoff before shaking her neck, the black mane swaying lightly.

I barked at the man as a warning once he neared me and the horse, dawn stepped around me to separate me from the man, the man just muttered something under his breath before leaving.

I sighed, peering at the door once they open and a stumbling Arthur came out, a few of the white masters rushed to his side as they muttered something to him, Arthur waved them off.

"It's fine, I'm alright, just need to get back to camp"

Arthur dismissively said before trying his best to walk towards the horse without much support, amused once he had actually managed to walk towards the horse without much of a bother, he leaned against the horse's saddle before mustering all his strength to mount the saddle.

I stood on my hind legs before leaning against the horse with my front paws before i growled-bark to get his attention, my eyes swirled with concern and fear for him, he sighed.

"I'm alright' bud, nothing ain't going to happen to me"

He muttered softly before scratching the back of my ears, i let out a low relaxed growl before stepping back from the horse with a yawn, i glanced at the entrance of the small town before glancing at the man once again.

"Yeah i know, c'mon, let's get back to camp"

~~~~

The atmosphere once we entered the camp was thick once we entered the camp, as the sky started to darken for the evening, a cool breeze rushed through the trees. A cold silence rushed over the camp.

I wait for Arthur to tie his horse before i quietly trotted next to him, lowering my head before tilting my ears downward as i felt the tension of the camp rising from our arrival.

I tilted my head once i saw prowler sat to the side of Arthur's tent with a rope tying him to the tent, i let out a whine before quickly walking towards him, i rubbed my head under his chin before settling down next to him.

Arthur took notice of prowler being tied down to the tent and raised a brow, sighing once dutch called him over for what would likely be for another job, even if all his muscles ached horribly from his weakening state.