3. The Aftermath

||Kieran's Pov||

Moments from the meeting were still hovering in my mind like a migraine. Zoya is deceptive, cunning, and vile. And so calculative! My hands were still trembling. Finn wasn't. I thought I was gonna lose him forever. My body and hands reacted before my mind could. I should have been smarter. There was no way someone as nonchalant and smart as her would kill one of her own in the wild. But I couldn't stop.

Grandpa exhaled sharply as we got back to his house. I got a small apartment of my own. But I barely get to stay there as I am always around the members and Grandpa, helping them out. His eyes gave an expression that stood to me as somewhat of a mixture of confusion, fear, and pure rage. 

Usually, when he is pissed at Finn he starts ranting about him, about how he makes the same mistakes over and over again or maybe just cursing at him for not being a great son (but honestly he is one, he's just a tad bit rabid). But this time it wasn't the same.

Grandpa turned to me and with a firm clasp upon my shoulder, he broke down. He looked right into my eyes and said,"Kiy can you talk Finn out of this. Can you make him leave this job with Zoya and get him back to us."

"but-"

"Please Kiy. He is not safe. You are the only one he listens to."

His eyebrows burrowed in and his eyes, they were tremuliant. As if he was about to loose a battle he never took part in. His grip on my shoulders became even more firm. His eyes, they were craving and pleading. A sharp jolt coursed through my spine and a tragic realization. Finn was definitely in danger. 

"This girl Zoya. She is not normal" Grandpa let go of my shoulder but remained his unwavering and intensely pleading gaze. 
"Yes, She isn't, she single handedly-" I tried to complete when he interrupted me.

"No you don't understand. She is not normal. I don't know the exact terms. Its some form of medical issue. Her childhood was tragically rough. It's some form of sociopathy. I don't know. She is incapable of Love, Guilt, remorse, Empathy."

"granpa i think you're over pondering. Everyone in our business is supposed to be like that. You can't show emotions in a battlefield" i continued speaking

"no no no no kiy you don't-"

"And plus the more stoic you are better it is for you, to just buy that she's a psychopath-"

"KIY SHE CAN SHOOT A TODDLER THROUGH ITS HEAD WITHOUT BLINKING TWICE."

A silence prevailed through the room as my eyes broadened at the bold statement grandpa just made.

"she is a clinically diagnosed psychopath" he rested as he looked away and sat down on the sofa.

"You mean ASPD" 

"I don't know the fuck it's called Kiy. She's crazy and actually dangerous is what I care about. And Finn flocks right around her. And you believe he worships her? This is even worse. Please Kieran, I beg of you as a father, I have already lost one child I don't intend on loosing another. You have to convince him to leave."

"I will try my best I promise you."

I bolted back to my room as the realization and situation formed into a structural pattern into my head. Finn was in absolute danger if he kept on working for her. Today she pretended to kill him because it fit the need, tomorrow she might not pretend if it fit the goddamn need.

I tried calling Finn multiple times. On the 5th time he picked up but nope, it wasn't his voice. 

"Family shouldn't be calling at office hours!" the humor in her voice pissed the shit out of me.