Chapter 1

I woke up screaming as the woman I call mother begins to choke me. My lungs burn as she grips tighter. She finally lets go and slaps me before walking out the room. I limp to the bathroom still sore from the beating I took yesterday. I wash the blood from my mouth, and hop in the warm shower enjoying the few minutes of peace I have. I pull a towel around me and walk to my room. I look at the clock, and realize its almost time for school. So I pull on my faded skinny jeans, and my black black veil brides shirt. I then dry and tease my black hair, and finish the look with black eyeliner and converses. I grad my ear buds and phone, and run out the door before mom sees me. I then walk to school with my favorite band playing in my ears.

I arrive at school, and put my head down as I walk to my locker. I opened grabbed my books, and rushed into first period. Suddenly I bumped into someone, and they shoved me down. "Watch where your going freak" some girl said as she walked away. I picked myself up off the ground, and dusted myself off. Then I noticed a boy was helping me pick up my books. He smiled and handed me my books. He had long black hair with bangs that covered his eyes, and he wore a falling in reverse shirt, and he had a beanie on his head. I muttered a thank you while staring at his blue/grey eyes. He then said no problem, and walked off. I knew from that moment that this boy was different, and I might actually have a friend.

I walked on to my first class and sat down and began day dreaming about this cute stranger. That's when I realized he had sat right next to me. "hey my name is Joey what's yours" he said with a grin. "Star" I said as I looked down shyly. "Well the name suits you because you are as pretty and dazzling as a star. I blushed and then I remembered that I was a nobody. "I'm far from a star I'm a nobody, and you really shouldn't hang out with me cuz you'll never get any friends." He frowned at me and stared into my eyes with a sad look. Before he could say anything the bell rang. With tears streaming down my face I ran to the nearest bathroom, and locked myself in the last stall.

I knew I was a nobody, and that could never change. In the end everyone hurts me. Them suddenly the door swung open, and I heard a familiar voice, and knew it was Joey. "Star are you okay?" sat on the floor quietly hoping he would leave. "Star I know you're in here, and if you don't ill crawl under the stall and find you. " I still didn't answer so he

then crawled under my stall. When he saw me he frowned and sat next to me on the floor. He wrapped his arm around me, but before he could say anything I jumped up and ran out of the bathroom stall. I then took off out of the school, and began to run home. I opened the door, and walked in mom was out with her drug buddies so I knew she wouldn't know I left school. I felt bad for running off from Joey but he would just abandon me like everyone else. I don't need any more pain. I walked to my room with my ear buds on. You see my mom wasn't always abusive but after dad left she just blamed me. I was glad that dad left, because he always beat me too.

I decided to change into more comfortable clothes. I grabbed my sweat pants and slipped them on, and left on my t-shirt. My phone lit up, and it was a text from mom. She found out I left school, and now she's on her way home. I decided then that I was going to run away. I packed up all my clothes and my phone charger. After that I packed up my essentials, and grabbed my phone and headphones. I found a can of gas and poured it around the house I then picked up my moms favorite lighter and lit this house. I took off running as the smell of smoke and fire hit the air. I didn't know where I was going but I knew I wasn't coming back here. I ran down a couple of streets, and there was Joey on the street corner. He saw me running and took off behind me. I realized I messed up bad, and right before I went to turn to go down another street he grabbed me. I turned and started crying in the comfort of the arms of a boy that I just met.