Chapter 2

I cried in his arms for a good minute, and he just stroked my back. "What happened", he said softly. " Well you see my dad left my mom and me when I was young . She always blamed me and beat me. So when I left school today she found out, and was on her way home to give me a really bad beating. So I decided to runaway. So then before I left I set the house on fire, and now I'm on the run" I said. He looked at me, and smiled. "You can come stay with me for a couple of days until we figure something out." "But you can't do that you barely even know me, and I haven't treated you very well." Which was true I hadn't treated him very well so I don't know why he even wants to help me.

"Well I think your amazing, and I see that you need help. I really want to be your friend." After he said that he grabbed my hand and we began walking. He was so sweet and he is really cute. No wait why am I thinking this there is no way he could possibly like someone like me. Its just not possible, and he probably just thinks I'm a charity case. "We're here" he said as he opens a door to a small house.

I walked in to find that he lived alone. It was very clean, but it only had one bedroom. There was also only one bathroom. "I live alone. I moved here a month ago, because my parents didn't want me to live with them anymore. It feels kind of good to have a friend considering you're my only friend." I walked up, and hugged him I felt bad that he had been alone. I think I might want to be more than his friend, but I don't know.

I realized I still hadn't stopped hugging him, and let go as I felt my blush creep in. I sat on the couch, and he just smiled at me while scratching the back of his neck. He then turned to go into the kitchen so I figure he is probably fixing to cook. I got up from the couch and picked up my bag. I grabbed the phone charger and plugged up my phone with the plug beside the couch. I sit back down on the couch with a sigh. I was really tired, and I layed down. The last thought that went through my head before I fell asleep was how nice Joey is.

Joey P.O.V:

I looked over at Star as she slept, and she was so cute. I think I might have a small crush on her but I don't know. Its sad that her mom is so mean to her, but now that she's with me I'm not going to let anything happen to her. She's the only friend I've ever had, because everyone thinks I'm weird. While I was deep in thought I forgot about what I was supposed to cook. I decided to make a box of macaroni and some grilled cheeses.

After I finished up cooking I fixed us both a plate. She was still asleep so I put her plate to the side. I watched her as I ate. I know that sounds creepy, but she's so cute its hard not to stare. I really want to get to know her better, because I could really picture us together. I blushed at the thought of us being a couple. I also thought about how bad I want to slap her mother in the face. I mean I would never hit a woman, but after what's she has put star through she deserves to be hit in the face.

I couldn't resist it anymore so I picked up Star, and layed down on the couch with her. She somehow didn't wake up so I wrapped one at around her, and began to stroke her hair. I stopped this when she started moving and murmuring stop. Then her eyes shot wide open, and she was screaming stop. I jumped up confused, and she ran up to me crying. She wrapped her arms around me repeating the words I thought she got you. I rubbed her back whispering im still here. But I can't help but wonder what her exactly her dream was, and what exactly happened?