Chapter 15: More than you know

"Are you enjoying this?"

. . . . . ╰──╮╭──╯ . . . . .

Ena still stayed over at Todoroki's with her father's permission. Akito figured while he was still trying to settle the problem arising at his business, Ena would be safe to stay with her fiance.

So, the two retired to Todoroki's bedroom after a long tiring day. Ena sat down on the edge of the bed while waiting for the male with glasses to finish taking a bath.

She thought this could be the right time to settle things between them.

The girl felt her heart beating fast and her palms sweating as she played the possible scenarios in her mind.

Ena flinched when she heard the door to the bathroom open, revealing Todoroki with wet hair and wearing a plain black shirt and gray pajamas. She stood up quickly and stared at him with wide eyes.

The male was obviously confused with her actions, "What?"

"I- uh," the girl stammered, trying to find the right words she will say.

Todoroki walked and stopped in front of her, "Ena?"

Ena took a step backward, her leg hit the bed and she yelped in surprise as she went out of balance. Todoroki who was also shocked, instinctively, grasp her hand but instead of helping the girl not to fall, he was pulled down by her.

Now, Todoroki was hovering on top of the girl. They were both staring at each other with wide eyes and Ena could feel her own heart beating so fast at their closeness.

Surely, this wasn't in the possible scenarios she thought earlier.

They stared at each other for too long. Ena was fully observing his face, the way they twitch and the way his Adam's apple bobbed in nervousness.

Todoroki stared back at her, he can see her eyes going into places and licking her lips in anxiousness.

"Are you enjoying this?" he voiced, causing the girl to snap out of her thoughts.

"What?" she squeaked, frowning at the boy, "Ugh, as if!"

The girl quickly pushed him away from her, sitting up on the bed. Her face was crimson red and she can feel her stomach flipping in a good way.

"You're totally checking me out," Todoroki said with his shit-eating grin.

Ena glared at him and scoffed, "You got a big head there, champ."

"I saw your eyes moving in a lot of places, Ena. You're such a terrible liar."

Her mouth fell agape as she stood up from the bed, "I wasn't checking you out, you idiot!"

The girl was about to storm out of the room, trying to get away from embarrassment. She was guilty as charged with adoring his features.

Ena knew she was totally checking him out.

Before she could even leave, Todoroki grabbed her left wrist and spun her around to face him.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you."

"Didn't I tell you I'm not going to let you out of my sight?" he whispered as he leaned closer to her face.

Ena opened her mouth but closed it as soon as she couldn't find the words to reply. He was too close that she can smell his woody-scented shampoo.

"What are you, my guard or something?" Ena tried to come up with a witty remark but his face was distracting her so much.

"Maybe," he muttered, smirking.

"Get out of my face," she retorted but they both didn't move.

His face was inching closer again. Ena followed his eyes who looked down at her lips and then to her eyes, seemingly asking for permission.

Todoroki moved his hand at her hip while his other hand cupped her right cheek. Ena placed her hands on his chest as she let out a shaky nervous breath, waiting for it to happen.

The male finally closed the gap between them and claimed her lips. It was slow as if awaiting the girl to push him away or kiss him back.

But Ena chose the latter, she slowly moved her lips on him and snaked her arms up on his shoulders.

It was gentle and so short yet they can feel the need of each other.

The both of them pulled away after a few seconds, staring at each other.

"I didn't mean to break your trust," Todoroki whispered, rubbing his thumb on her cheek.

"I told you a million times, you don't have to apologize," the girl replied, slowly shaking her head.

He smiled, giving her a kiss on her other cheek. Ena let out a chuckle at the action.

"I guess we broke the rules, huh?"

"What rule?"

"The rule that I made? 'Don't fall in love'?"

"I broke that rule before you even made it," Todoroki replied, causing Ena to frown.

"What do you mean?"

The male gave her a gentle smile, "I know I love you since we were kids."

"That's a long time ago," Ena softly said, staring at him in awe.

"I know."

"You're so whipped," she teased, giving a chaste kiss on his nose, "But what can I say? I know I'm irresistible."

Todoroki chuckled amusingly, placing both of his hands on her waist, "And you said I have a big head, huh?"

Ena laughed, placing her palms on both sides of his neck, "Just the facts."

The male couldn't help but smile as he leaned his forehead against hers.

"I love you, Ena. Even though you're the most thick-skinned woman I've ever met," he said with a teasing smirk.

Ena rolled her eyes but still wore a smile, "I love you, too, Yosuke. Even though you always look grumpy."

"I'm grumpy?"

"You were always frowning like in a bad mood," Ena reasoned.

"I wasn't always frowning," the male denied with furrowed eyebrows.

"Should we ask Tsuji and Shibaman and maybe all the students at Oya High to prove my statement?"

Todoroki rolled his eyes at the girl, "Just shut up now."

"Why don't you shut me up and kiss me?"

The male immediately obliged as he pressed his lips to hers once again. Ena giggled at the male's eagerness.

He kept on saying "I love you" throughout their shared kiss.

The girl felt her stomach flipping again but in a good way.

Only he could do that to her.

"I love you, too," Ena muttered as they pulled away, "More than you know."

---

[END]

Hello! Thank you for reading Dahlia! <3