Chapter One.

"Rosalind!"
     "Rosalind!!"
Frances Stowell shouted aloud impatiently as she glances at her wrist watch.

     She's dressed formerly in an expensive embroidered blouse and long black close fitting suit skirt that touches her ankles. She wore also a millinery and kitten heels that all matched.

     She is an average, fat and aged lady, fairly white.

     Her blonde, shoulder length hair was permed perfectly.

     "Rosalind!" Came again her impatient voice tinged with unhidden anger.

     "Yes ma'am!", Rosalind, a simple girl dressed in her unattractive and slightly worn long and loose white dress with wide long sleeves, answered hurriedly.

     She was coming down the stairs in a haste. Her long, wavy dark hair danced in the air that carried her in a rush down to the angered Frances. Her long dress fought with her ankles as they made rumpling sounds.

     Her deep blue eyes looked afraid and worried since she could already tell that Mrs. Stowell was angry at her.

     Rosalind had small, thick and red lips. And also a slim figure with slight curve. Her legs were long and breasts, small and pointed like cherries. She had an average height that made her look petite and pretty. And a well pointed nose that added to her innocent charm.

     She was a down to earth maid and dresses as one. Even her shoes were of dull blue colour, as they made little sounds on the long stairs as she rushed down. The sunhat on her head with embroideries of green and red flowers on it's brim, seem so unbalanced on her head. Nonetheless, she had a very white skin, so white and lovely.

     Rosalind, actually, was also a brilliant and lively girl of nineteen, many could find lovely. And she was Mrs. Stowell's maid. A widowed woman with six little kids.

     "I'm leaving now for Christchurch. As usual, look after the kids". Warned Mrs. Stowell, the moment she came down.

     "Yes ma'am", Rosalind made a simple and humble bow with her head as she folded her hands in-between her thighs. She was taller than Frances, the mean lady, with few inches.

     "And remember, you must do all the kids want from you"

     "Yes ma'am", Rosalind made another gentle bow with sincere humility.

     "If I receive any complaint from any of the kids against you, I'll teach you a terrible lesson."

     "Yes ma'am."

     From upstairs came a sudden and shaking noise from the kids, and heavy dropping sounds of the objects they broke or threw at each other.

     Frances Stowell lifted her head up as she looks up the stairs to which Rosalind who was before her turned her back to. Rosalind also worriedly turned her head only, as she glances up the vacant stairs.

     "And make sure you tidy up all their messes." Frances added, as she took away her attention from the kids and upper floor, back to Rosalind.

     "But you are not ever allowed to scold them. No matter what. Your duty only is just to tidy up their mess and..."

     A ball came falling and Rosalind reflexively dodged her head to the side, forgetting Mrs. Stowell as it falls heavily on the plump woman instead.

     She lets out a howled and painful 'aw!', and Rosalind was forced to hold in a threatening amused laughter.

     She was about to apologize, while still amused, when a small radio came falling on her own head this time, pushing away her sunhat from her head to the ground.

     Rosalind stopped to cry out a muffled, 'Auch!', as Frances recovered from her own pain and concluded, "Messes like this. And now!"

     Saying no more word, she left with her waiting chauffeur at the front door.