Chapter 1 - The RFA Members

"Congratulations! You're hired," Jaehee said to me via video chat. She assisted me throughout my hiring process as event coordinator of RFA. Actually, it wasn't that hard. I only had one interview with Ms.
Jaehee yesterday, and today I was hired.

"Welcome to the RFA, Chun. For now, I'll have you join our organization's group chat to get to know the rest of the members. Seven will send you the address of the apartment. You can stay there as long as you are a member of the RFA. Please remember that the apartment address must remain a secret between you, Seven, and V. You are not allowed to bring guests. Please avoid providing the floor and room number of the apartment at your regular work," she said. In fact, she had already clarified each of these prior to the initial interview,  to which I agreed.

It was initially suspicious, but I could not afford to rent a decent place in the city, considering the fact that I barely make enough to cover my basic living expenses. Anyway, I have not encountered any indication that the employer intends to impose fees or engage in fraudulent activities, which would be clear red flags. My primary responsibility is to stay in the apartment and organize the events and schedules for the RFA. Besides, where else can I get part-time work that pays well and provides a place to live?

I nodded while Jaehee discuss the details of my job.

"First, before I invite you to the group chat, let me introduce to you the RFA members. You know me already, but let me introduce myself better this time. My name is Jaehee Kang. I work at C&R Company as the assistant of Mr. Jumin Han. He is one of the directors of the company, and he is also an RFA member. I may sound too professional at times but please understand that it is because of the nature of my job. I spend 95% of my day for work and 5% for sleeping and eating. But don't be sorry for me, this is what I really like to do.."

"Anyway," she continued. "I hope you don't find it strange because Mr. Han often talks about Elizabeth the 3rd, how cute and pretty she is, how lovely she is, and how she comforts him. Most of his proposed projects are about her and for her."

Oh, I bet some members are already married or have girlfriends/boyfriends. I guess I am the only single here. Perhaps, Jaehee too. Are the members older than me because the name Elizabeth the 3rd seems like a grandmother's name to me.

"Oh, Elizabeth the 3rd is Mr. Han's cat.." Jaeheed added. I can't help but be amused by what she said. I thought it was Mr. Han's girlfriend or grandma from a royal family. I wanted to laugh, but I chose to keep it to myself. I just smiled, and I nodded while remembering all the things Jaehee said.

"Mr. Han is a very composed and a strict boss. You may find him cold, but I hope you don't take it personally. You may also notice that he likes to argue with another member named Zen. Please don't mind them when they do so. I believe it was his way of caring for Zen. Zen is a musical actor. He starred in Promiscuous Jalapeno Topping, Tei's Tea Leaf, Changing Seasons... I have the DVD of some of his shows. I can lend it to you if you want. He is beautiful both in real life and on stage, and he is the only reason I can work overnight. Please don't get me wrong. I am his fan. There's a possibility that you become his fan once you get to know him, but please remember the boundary between a fan and an actor. You must always protect the reputation of the other RFA members, especially Zen, since he is a rising celebrity. "

It was honestly weird to see Ms. Jaehee fangirls the guy named Zen. She must really adore him. I thought she's all strict and serious yet she idolizes the guy who is also an RFA member. It's exciting yet uncomfortable if I were her.

She faked a cough and apologized. "Yoosung is the youngest in the RFA. He is still in college. He loves to play video games. You will hear him talk about LOLOL everytime. He is Rika's cousin by the way. Please be careful about mentioning her name to the group, as she is still a sensitive topic for most of us, especially Yoosung."