Chapter one

Summer 0'7

Chapter One

I took out my headphones and put them in as we started down the runway, dissapointed that I didn't have the window seat. The man next to me was oddly tall and wore expensive clothing and carried a round bag with a basket ball inside, I assumed that he has a pro player, seeing that we were riding first class and all. After we were in the air the seatbelt signal went off and I began to relax. The guy next to me ordered champange and when the stewardess came over again I ordered an apple juice.

I hit play on my ipod and slowly drifted off to sleep. I woke up to the guy next to me nudging me awake,

"Hey we're about to land." So I took out my headphones and put them back into my carry on.

The plane started to decend and I braced my self for the rough landing. I went to grab my suit case out of the compartment above me but at only 5'2 I couldnt reach. The saposed basket ball player came over and pulled it down for me,

"There is both disadvatages and advantages to being tall, but most of the time its hard because you hit your head on just about everything."

"Thanks."

I walked down the tunnel, sudenly aware of the fact that I was alone, in a busy airport in New Mexico, waiting. I stood there and scaned the gate for the family friend that I would be sstaying with. I saw her red hair and headed her way,

"Hey Cindy!" I called.

She turned and walked towards me when she saw me,

"Lexi! You have grown so much! I hardly even recognised you! How was your flight?" It was quite freaky being alone, though I enjoyed the peace and quiet.

"It was great! I'm so glad to be back on the ground again!" I lied.

The ride home was awkward, Cindy began asking about a possible boyfriend, friends, how I was dealing with the devorce, all that lovely shit. Of course I wasn't really dealing with the devorce at all, I was pushing it aside, trying not to think about it, because if I did I wouldn't be able to stop. I sighed as the car pulled into a private circle of homes.

Her house was beautiful, and as I walked through the door my breath was taken away. In front of me was a beautiful living room/dining area with a huge flat screen tv and a L-shaped couch. Cindy walked down the hall and opened a large wooden door,

"And this is your room. I'll let you settle down and take a shower and what not."

"Yep."

Inside was a beautiful four poster bed with a nightstand on either side. A huge dresser was against the wall to the left and above it were two windows faceing the front yard. Looking to my right I saw a big floor length curtain and then another door that led to my bathroom.

I opened the curtain and gasped, there were two double doors that opened to a small balcony that over looked the mountains. It was beautiful. I also noticed a huge pool in the back that led under the deck, I would have to test it out later if I had time. I unpacked my stuff and took a shower, a very long hot shower. I stood in the giant bathroom and thought about my features while I got dressed and dried my hair. I dressed in jean short shorts with a black lace tank top.

My skin is tan and smooth, with barely any flaws so I only put mascara and eyeliner on. My hair is a dark brown thats longer than my shoulders, and my eyes a golden brown. I had never considerd myself as pretty just your average boring teenage girl. I stepped out of the bathroom and my heart stopped, sitting on my bed was a very attractive teenage boy.

"Um hi... Who are you?" I asked, blushing.

He looked up startled and I gasped at the color of his eyes,