~Chapter 15~

"Are you coming to the tree?"

Lavender pauses to gulp down saliva but hums as well-"they say, who murdered three"

Getting up from her bed Lavender looks around her room. The walls are lined with photos, but now article clippings of paranormal stuff takes up the majority of it.

"Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be....."

She sharply turned around as if trying to catch Aamon watching her. He wasn't there. He was silent.

Lavender truly felt like something was wrong, but what could it be.

"If we met at midnight in the hanging tree. Are you? Are you going to come to the tree. Where the deadest man did call out for his love to flee! The Strangest things have happened, more strange than I can be. So meet me at midnight in that hanging tree."

Lavender walked down the hall towards the stairs of the house. 

Going down the stairs she walked past a mirror. She stared at her reflection almost reminiscently. She lacked the normal glow in her skin. 

All because of him.........

Sighing softly, she turned away from the mirror and continued her descent downstairs. 

Going outside she saw her family before her. 

"We are so proud of you honey!" Lavender's mom threw her arms out and surrounded her daughter in a hug.

"Thank you mom..." Lavender responded lightly as she accepted the hug. Her mom pulled her even closer as if sensing her daughter exhaustion and drained mentality.

"The stress of high school is almost over. So, give that speech and show everyone why you stand up there!" Lavender's dad pipes in. He places his hands on her shoulders after the two women break the hug.

The father looks at her with tears starting to form in his eyes. 

His eyes gleam in pride, he stared at her until he couldn't take it and pulled her into a tight hug.

Lavender hugged her dad back with just as much vigor as he was to her.

"We are so proud of you and couldn't have asked for anything more of you." Her father spoke to her.

"Well maybe grandchildren in the futur-" Her mom gets cut off by her brother and father saying "Shut up!"

"You two forget she is already engaged! What's to say they don't start on the first night of marriage. Lord knows you two have been excited to get into each others pants." Her mother finishes leaving a blushing Lavender who's brain is now fried.

"Mom!" Lavender shouts at her realization.

Her mom just smiles and gets in the car.

Shaking their heads the other three follow the mom's example and get in the car and drive to the graduation ceremony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking hand in hand Lavender and Lucas walked to where their graduating class stood and was preparing for the walk in and where they were to sit.